Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CMS issue

Options
  • 18-02-2011 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a project where the client wants to be able to upload exhibitions once a month. I have been given a site as reference www.blumandpoe.com whereby the Exhibitions page is viewed as an ideal.

I can see that this site uses tables to structure this content. My worry is that I could easily do the same but how easy would it be for the client (no knowledge at all by the way) to change these. Also noting that once a Current exhibition is finished it is added to the Past section.

Would a CMS like Joomla be a good option? But I have no experience with that either. Or is it possible to show which files that are to be changed, show the table solution mentioned above, guide them through Notepad ++ or the likes and let them upload with their own file manager?

I have told them that I could manage it until they begin to understand it, but I think we would all like if it was passed over to them as soon as possible.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Joomla or Wordpress can do what you want to do. Essentially each exhibition is a 'blog' entry. However it would take a bit of work, using either CMS, to get things looking as they are on that site now.

There are quite a few good portfolio type templates for Wordpress out there that might be suitable for you to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭daymobrew

With WordPress you could create a Custom Post Type which would present the data fields (exhibition name, date, links etc) in a manner that would prevent (or at least limit) data entry errors. It requires a bit of programming work but there are plugins that can simplify it to a drag/drop task for you.

Advertisement