Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tourdboyne 45km cycle or 10km Run 20 March 2011

• 18-02-2011 12:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

My mate is involved with this charity organisation (Development Perspectives) in Drogheda who are organising a 44.4km cycle (starts at 10:30am) and a 10.6km run (starts at 3:00pm).

www.tourdboyne.ie

You can do one or both. 100% of the takings go to the charity.
    The fees are:
    Bike: €25
    Run: €25
    or Both: €40

It will be chip timed and has the makings of a good day out albeit the distances are not standard. There are family activities on the day too!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Macanri wrote: »
    My mate is involved with this charity organisation (Development Perspectives) in Drogheda who are organising a 44.4km cycle (starts at 10:30am) and a 10.6km run (starts at 3:00pm).

www.tourdboyne.ie

You can do one or both. 100% of the takings go to the charity.
    The fees are:
    Bike: €25
    Run: €25
    or Both: €40

It will be chip timed and has the makings of a good day out albeit the distances are not standard. There are family activities on the day too!

I had looked at this but was put off by the price now that i know it is for charity that changes things. Might try fit this in to my plans as it's literally on my doorstep. I assume you can go straight into the run off the bike or do you have to wait until the run start time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

As far as I know you would have to wait til 3pm for the start of the run. Plenty of time for refuelling, nom nom! I will probably only do one myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gstaff

Hey, just wondering is this the first time the race is to be run? Is it a competitive race or more of a funrun type thing? I'm looking to enter a race around this time and distance, was looking at the wicklow gaol 10k but 45 euro entry fee is a bit steep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

As far as I know you would have to wait til 3pm for the start of the run. Plenty of time for refuelling, nom nom! I will probably only do one myself.

Liquid refuelling and do the 10k pissed? I could show you the dizzy nightlife Drogheda has to offer:p

Liquid refuelling and do the 10k pissed? I could show you the dizzy nightlife Drogheda has to offer:p

That'ld be one way to do it alright!
    Re the dizzy Drogheda nightlife - Been there, done that!;)

• Advertisement

gstaff wrote: »
    Hey, just wondering is this the first time the race is to be run? Is it a competitive race or more of a funrun type thing? I'm looking to enter a race around this time and distance, was looking at the wicklow gaol 10k but 45 euro entry fee is a bit steep.

It is the first time for the race to be run. It is open to all, and will be as competitive as you make it! Chip timed so more than a simple fun run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Wouldnt mind doing the cycle,but a real pity they dont post out the chip etc. It mentions collection on th Sat, I wonder if you can collect on the afternoon of it? Dont fancy 2 trips up.

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Wouldnt mind doing the cycle,but a real pity they dont post out the chip etc. It mentions collection on th Sat, I wonder if you can collect on the afternoon of it? Dont fancy 2 trips up.

Sorry about the late reply KB3 - I missed this post 'til now.

I will ask the question. The site says signing in takes place before each race, but the info says no. and chip collection on Sat 19th.

I will post here as soon as I get an answer. But other option would be signing up on the morning - which is allowed - see post below.

I will be doing the run myself. Might see you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

I will ask the question. The site says signing in takes place before each race, but the info says no. and chip collection on Sat 19th.

I will post here as soon as I get an answer. But other option would be signing up on the morning - which is allowed - see post below.

Thanks man, i might sign up on the day. Will depend whether i go long thursday or saturday and how the weekend pans out.

Having checked with the organisers:

It is permissible to register for either event (or both) on the day, up to half an hour before each event.

They have a certain amount of chips; and will have them available on the day. But, once they are gone, they are gone. You can still reg, but obviously you won't get a chip. So get there early if registering on the day.

There will also be fun activities/races for kids on the day - Cadburys 'Spots and Stripes' will be there!

• Advertisement

Text just in - Yes there is no problem registering on the day.

They would prefer locals to collect on Sat - but understand that others may be travelling from further afield.

'Locals' being anyone who finishes most of their sentences with "No bother". :D

Advertisement