Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tallon's Minecraft Server Cartographs (LARGE IMAGES)

• 10-02-2011 6:36pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

has that been set to give diamond stuff or is it still wooden?

Diamondilium :D

EDIT: Today's carto. Bloody hell

147424.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Quazzie wrote: »
    Is there any way to check who done what?

We could each label a cartograph I suppose, kinda tedious though. Perhaps a cartograph with a grid overlay could be produced and stuck in a thread on the social group which would allow us to post saying which grid area we're in and what we've built?

Speaking of cartos, any new ones available? :D

Edit:
    Carto13-2-11.jpg

I cover a four block square from B10 to C11

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

148471.jpg

carto

If you have the original size carto I can apply the grid to it, that is if people think the grid is useful.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

No wonder you couldn't upload that monster :eek:

I've compressed it a bit since we're looking for place markers not quality so it's at a nice 2.5MB now.

Map with Grid

• Advertisement

Quick update, new cartograph out, looks a bit simplisitic but the wool and sandstone is now visible :)

148568.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

new Carto soon?

Yeah, just takes a while to render. 16000 files makes the PC sad. I'm doing one up atm. Cartos will be limited to once/twice a week from now on I'm afraid

Latest carto! I'd be seriously thankful if someone grid this one. The other gridded picture was way too big

148966.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

We. Are. Awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

damn right we are :D

[noparse]Latest carto! I'd be seriously thankful if someone grid this one. The other gridded picture was way too big

148966.JPG[/noparse]

Ask and you shall receive.

carto200211.jpg

Excellent, we can use some good pinpoint references with this on the server threads :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Saviola

Is there a giant penis in p6?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Saviola wrote: »
    Is there a giant penis in p6?

Ah Tallon's not that bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

gief update!!

Give me a cartograph that supports 1.3 :(

Wahay! Done :D

149498.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Awesome sauce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 seriousbuns

this helped so much when i got lost and the commands werent working the other day. spent about an hour wondering around trying to find my house before i remembered this thread:D

• Advertisement

[noparse]Wahay! Done :D

149498.JPG[/noparse]

carto240211.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Theorox

Tanks soo much looks awsome can't w8 to play on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 SS30888

OMG this is taking the word 'world' to the extreme. LOVE IT!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mileseverett

Really wanna play on this server :L

Latest Cartograph

22D587656198494689F421AE113D9EAB-0000325291-0002193107-05349L-613739C8506F4917BBCA00A29CCA38BD.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 AdamCrafter

This looks epic, and helpful as to help directing people to their creations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

cherryghost thanks a mill I love the maps great for finding things you did not know were build.
    like the Flying Spaghetti monster. Blessed be his Noodly Appendages

One griddled carto coming up:

carto270211.jpg

Perhaps we should just post links to the images from now on and just keep the most recent carto in the op Cherry, what do you think?

Oh, must go visit the skull in F-1

Also, did someone flatten a mountain in AH3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Woo-hoo... I'm far away from anyone, so that anything I build doesn't effect anyone.

• Advertisement

the_syco wrote: »
    Woo-hoo... I'm far away from anyone, so that anything I build doesn't effect anyone.

Is that you over in AH3?

Is that you over in AH3?
    Nope. Not on the map. Well, not visible on the map. Hidden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭alanucc

Have you guys seen this?

https://github.com/equalpants/pigmap

It uses the google maps api to create a live map of the server. It can even be coaxed into showing player locations on the map.

Heres todays
    C509B764C477408DBB5BCF1CEBC980BC-0000325291-0002195427-01600L-C7B4E6EB311341FAB8FB8BD4363435B9.jpg

That's scaled down, full size here

Holy crap

Bah! I can't see it in work

• Advertisement

The Fúcking SIIIIIIIZE of that pig :eek:

Just saw it on my phone. Whos went really far north?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Colham wrote: »
    Just saw it on my phone. Whos went really far north?
    the_syco

he goes out really far so he can use lava. like that tower of his in the middle of everything. that used to be really far out and i never though we would ever build enough to ever get to it.

how wrong was i :D

The new rendering is great. 130 files, 70mb for the entire server (not including backups). The new renderer only renders the chunks the player is in and not the entire map, so lag and memory usage is kept to a minimum too :D

the_syco

he goes out really far so he can use lava. like that tower of his in the middle of everything. that used to be really far out and i never though we would ever build enough to ever get to it.

how wrong was i :D
    Aye, the lava chimney was built with nothing nearby. Now stuff surround it. Up north was where I got lost, built a lava pit, and jumped in. I'm now building something up there, and it'll include lava down very very deep holes. Working on traps that fling you to your death, which, when finished, will litter the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Is someone building bender? :D

Kersmash wrote: »
    Is someone building bender? :D

i think someone had it planned a while back not too sure though if they actually got it started though.

t'would be epic!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

I built Bender last night up beside my skull

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

God, i looked for a spot where to biuld a co. Clare castle, something far away amd with no silly biulding around which would kill the spirit of it... And what i got for neigher... A huge pink pig.... Karma....

carto020311.jpg

I've compressed this as much as possible since this is more for reference than for beauty.

Today's Carto

5CE92B38A4A9433FA6D00B4742374046-0000325291-0002198345-01600L-83C9022F44B04F739CCC14B9EC30DD75.png

Enlarged version here

how the hell did one little piece appear (bottom left) all on its own?

Okay, that's it people, stop building now or I'm going to run our of alphabet and numbers :p This feckin thing is apparently 4x2 meters :o

carto040311.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Okay, that's it people, stop building now or I'm going to run our of alphabet and numbers :p This feckin thing is apparently 4x2 meters :o
    We will have to start using Klingon letters or something next :P

Latest carto

4C3FB38302214B77BD5B3F46BB0CA0BC-0000325291-0002208304-01600L-FBF1A70E082F4A1FB2AD6919B140BED1.png

Full size here

I've found the source of the lag. The entire area west of the pig.

• Advertisement
Advertisement