Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange text

Options
  • 18-02-2011 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi,

I keep getting a text every 2 weeks or so from an 'N17 Grocery'. It contains special offers for some grocery shop. I can't remember subscribing for this text and I can't reply either as there is no option to. Does anyone know how I can stop receiving this text?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is your bluetooth on when you receive them?
    Does it happen in around the same location?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

No my Bluetooth is turned off. Can't remember where I am when it happens. The annoying thing is that there is no number I can reply to stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭BrianJD

We send out offers via text to customers and if this supermarket uses the same system then you should just reply stop to opt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

Problem is there is no number to reply to for this text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Sounds like it's this company: N17 Grocery Supermarket in Milltown which is related to the N17 electrical stores that have now closed in Galway. Ever buy anything in any of these stores?

Suggest contacting your operator with the date and time of the messages. Have you ever tried just responding with STOP to the SMS anyway and see what happens?

See if you can get into the message details. I recall that there was software available that could force a name to appear on a text (as if teh number was already in your address book).

I'm sure ComReg would be interested to hear about your experiences.

• Advertisement
Advertisement