Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BHAA ALSAA 5m XC

• 18-02-2011 3:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭

Anybody taking part or are you all opting for the freebie in the park..

Hope to get near sub 40 min's if the conditions are OK....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Yep, I'll be there. Expecting mud, mud and more mud:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Yep will be there for this one too, should be a mud bath again.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Yeah ill be there, hoping for sub 35 but it depends how slippy it is. I should really invest in spikes

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

Mud is marvellous for the skin, we should all warmly embrace it.:)

Tough, strenght sapping run this morning. A great morning - sunny and mild but the ground was very soft - ankle deep mud. Ended up having a great tussle with a group over the last couple of miles that included AJCOT and KevinKilbane (he used to hang around here). Now to clean the mud of my spikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Caprica

That was very tough. Good strenght training. At least there was no wind and rain, probably one of the warmest days of the year. Well organised as usual. It's a very impressive sport club.

Very enjoyable run today, lap 4 was a killer and the legs were shot at that point, That mud really does take it out of you .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Great run today, I had no interest in my time after a mile I just wanted to get to that finish line, Nearly lost my left shoe on the 1st lap. Well organised thanks to Gerard, Eugene, Pat and all the crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭AJCOT

Enjoyed this one a lot, the sunshine helped & I swear a frog jumped out of my left shoe when I took it off! Fed up of Gerard65 on my shoulder towards the end of these races before he finds a higher gear & darts for the line. Plan to apply some ice prior to the next run & give him the cold shoulder. :D

AJCOT wrote: »
    Enjoyed this one a lot, the sunshine helped & I swear a frog jumped out of my left shoe when I took it off! Fed up of Gerard65 on my shoulder towards the end of these races before he finds a higher gear & darts for the line. Plan to apply some ice prior to the next run & give him the cold shoulder. :D
    Run faster:cool:
    Another team placing this week- wahoo:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭plodder

gerard65 wrote: »
    Another team placing this week- wahoo:D
    really?

That was probably the toughest XC I've done in a while in terms of mud and slogging it out. Lovely weather though ..

Well off my predicted time, finished in 39:xx due to asthma problems but mainly the toughness of the course. very jealous of the spikes as they passed me out.

Was a good course for spectators aswell, you could follow the whole race without much movement. The womans race was great battle between the first two. Thought people warming up on the course during the womens race was bad form. There was plenty of grass that wasnt on the course or on a football pitch for runners to warm up on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

My first propper XC, and a great laugh, if a little muddy. Didnt take it to seriously, so was happy with a 40:30. Will also have to invest in a pair of spikes, the road runners did me no favours at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭rdunne

pictures are up.
    Thanks to AJ and Peig for taking them
    http://bhaa.ie/mediagallery/album.php?aid=118&page=1

At 5.10 on the first video there is a great attempted hand off as the two lads race to the line :-)

amazing how you think you are going fast but when you see yourself on video you are bareky moving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭plodder

guapos wrote: »
    At 5.10 on the first video there is a great attempted hand off as the two lads race to the line :-)

amazing how you think you are going fast but when you see yourself on video you are bareky moving
    Nice finish all right Shels!

It's true though. I was caught on the line by someone I'd passed only about 150m before the finish. He was only cruising obviously, and made me look like I was strolling, when he passed me way out wide.

guapos wrote: »

Yep I'd do anything at the finish to pass someone ;)

That's me struggling in at 8:50 on video one...

Advertisement