Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Go Karting track in Liosban Ind Park!

Options
  • 18-02-2011 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Website here. I tried calling them but no answer. No pictures or anything up yet so I guess it's extremelly new.

I'm excited and looking forward to checking it out.

Cheer,
    Pa.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ZRelation

There was one there years ago...sure its not an old website from that?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

It's silly having a facebook page and not having a proper website up and running but anyway...
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?profile=1&id=170503962984437#!/pages/Galway-City-Karting/170503962984437
    there was an advert for it the advertiser last week as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Ok, the link I was looking at wasn't their website. This is their site- http://www.galwaycitykarting.ie/ and they havea video or it too.

will try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ZRelation

Was thinking the website was a bit retro. Must check it out..the old place was good enough craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

That place was brilliant!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

at Celtic tiger prices it can feic off!! good luck to ya of ya have €30 to throw away on 60 laps

poor time to open it and expect people to pay pre-recession prices imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

whoopdedoo wrote: »
    at Celtic tiger prices it can feic off!! good luck to ya of ya have €30 to throw away on 60 laps

poor time to open it and expect people to pay pre-recession prices imo
    €30 seems quite reasonable for 60 laps, I say fair play to them for opening it especially during a recession. Galway city has been crying out for an alternative to Pallas karting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Track looks tiny. From this video it looks like ~20seconds a lap for the average joe... so 60 laps would be over in 20 mins.

It they did a good student offer they might do alight, hope they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

€30 seems quite reasonable for 60 laps
    Especially when you factor not having to travel to the back of beyond to get to the other karting place.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I wouldn't pay the thirty quid. I love carting but that track looks really really boring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

dafunk wrote: »
    I wouldn't pay the thirty quid. I love carting but that track looks really really boring.

+1

It would be grand for the women though.....:D (joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Where did ye see 30 euro? All i can see is 20 euro for 20 mins on the facebook page?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

They're a bit confused, though. Home page has a link to the 5e bus timetable, but the 3 goes a lot closer.

Have put them on the Lisobán estate layout map, hope they do well. But you won't catch me driving nasty things like that again, I like suspension!

this won't last pissing time lads,

as for the poster commenting "fairplay" to them doing it in time of recession well it's people like you that see others throwing savings, redundancy or a loan down the toilet with your over-positive attitude in the middle of a recession!!

it's a sh1te time to open an expensive hobby like karting and no amount of fairplays will pay the bills at the end of the day.

as far the 30 for 60 laps that's the same price as was had there from 1998 onwards when the good times were rolling so in my opinion they're fcuked lookin for same monies off people today.

that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

martyboy48 wrote: »
    +1

It would be grand for the women though.....:D (joke)

I am a woman! And I'd find it boring ...*:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

as for the poster commenting "fairplay" to them doing it in time of recession well it's people like you that see others throwing savings, redundancy or a loan down the toilet with your over-positive attitude in the middle of a recession!!
    So because we're in a recession no new businesses should open up? Those with redundancy or savings should just sit on them?

I hardly think redsteveireland's attitude was overly positive. Should we all just go around not spending money moaning about how the country is screwed because we're in a recession?

Malice wrote: »
    So because we're in a recession no new businesses should open up? Those with redundancy or savings should just sit on them?*

I hardly think redsteveireland's attitude was overly positive. Should we all just go around not spending money moaning about how the country is screwed because we're in a recession?

ara look my point is there are some people who are just over positive and I see it all the time, someone sees a "new" business opportunity or better yet sees a successful business and after chatting to those around hem are intent on jumping head first into the whole process only to realise after about 3 months that positivity won't pay the bills!

I was working in town one day and while outside what was previously zatzuma when an overly positive couple came up to tue window and were commenting to each other the place would be perfect for their plans. I just had to ask if they were new to Galway, can't remember what exactly they said now but in order to explain myself I mearly informed them of the high turnover of different but the same businesses which open and close in this site quite regularly and if i was them I wouldn't go throwing my money away in it. the same couple have opened the place since and mark my words they'll be out on their arses before long. and before you call me negative again it's not, it's just stating proven facts.

this recession hasn't even fully got hold of this country yet so how do you think the situation is going to improve and karting take off again anytime soon?

edit : I'd like to point out that for about a year in 98/99 I went weekly to the karting track above for 60 laps for £30punts but that was then. I like karting like the next person but it should be clear to people now that the money is not there today and most certainly not be there tomorrow or in the near future either. simple fact and not an overhightened sense of doom and gloom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 getthem

Terrible negativity on display... best of luck to them... It can only be good for the city.

getthem wrote: »
    Terrible negativity on display... best of luck to them... It can only be good for the city.

I apologise for my previous posts so, it seems I missed the point completely, shiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I never thought of the clear benefits to the city as a whole from overpriced laps in karts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 getthem

apology accepted...

• Advertisement

getthem wrote: »
    apology accepted...

sarcastic apology taken back

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

I apologise for my previous posts so, it seems I missed the point completely, shiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I never thought of the clear benefits to the city as a whole from overpriced laps in karts.

Your not running in the election by any chance? You'd fit in nicely in the dail! Fair play to anyone who has the balls to try and start a business any time. I'm sure they are not unaware of the recession. Maybe they have got cheaper rents etc due to recession. They may have to review prices but that's all part of business, best of luck to them

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I'd heard about this place. The track looks terrible dull alright not a patch on Tynagh but it's a different type of karting.
    €20-30 is probably about the best you can get, I'd assume they have high insurance cost due to the nature of what their doing, so blame the banks again. I don't see how they'll build up a loyal customer base of enthusiasts with that track, but it looks like their going for the one off visit with stags.

Bosco boy wrote: »
    Your not running in the election by any chance? You'd fit in nicely in the dail! Fair play to anyone who has the balls to try and start a business any time. I'm sure they are not unaware of the recession. Maybe they have got cheaper rents etc due to recession. They may have to review prices but that's all part of business, best of luck to them

how would I fit in up in the dail when I wouldn't have touched an investment like this in the current climate! as someone pointed out their insurance must be a decent chunk of expenses, add in a decent rent also as the sq footage of the place is quite large, consider the fact most people are seeing less and less in their wages, increased costs left right and centre with no end in sight. anybody can start a business lads but it takes real business acumen to make it a sustainable/profitable business!

once again time will tell I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Good luck to them but it can't compare to Tynagh and it's not far from the city at all

€30 for 60 laps is pretty decent though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Posted on bargain alerts so probably should be here too - http://www.smartsearch.ie/

Running a deal for 50% off at the moment (so €10) so would be a good time to check it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭acurno

I used head there years ago religiously nearly every week from 95-98. Cost was £5 (think it went up to £7 at one stage) for 30 laps (or twenty minutes cant remember). €30 is a complete rip off for what it is, and for those thinking it's a bargain, well, get your bargain in quick cause it won't be there in 6 months at those prices.
    The one out in Oranmore used be €15 for 20 minutes and that was an unbelievable track with proper racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I don't understand why people are giving out so much about the place.

I went there last week- €25 for 30 minutes. Really enjoyed it.

i know Pallas is bigger but the price is €50 for 30 minutes.
    This place in Dublin is indoor and charges €30 for 30 minutes
    Kilcornan is €35 for 30 minutes.

So the price seems in line with other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

dinneenp wrote: »
    i know Pallas is bigger but the price is €50 for 30 minutes.
    It's not just that it's bigger it's an interesting track with different kinds of corners. It's more like proper karting.

This new place looks to have two corners where one is just bigger than the other. Not much of a challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

sarcastic apology taken back

You know if you take back a sarcastic apology, then it becomes a genuine apology.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement