Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Go Karting track in Liosban Ind Park!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

They have a very limited space so it's the best layout that they could create.
    Look at it this way- you have the option to go go-karting extremelly locally. Beforehand you didn't. True the track isn't amazing but once you have a group of ye I think it's fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

1. Tynagh/Pallas is a far bigger circuit, with hills, run off areas, and generally a far bigger track.
    2. Tynagh is in a tougher to get to area (as much as I like going there).
    3. The Karts in Tynagh are a bigger animal (I think)
    all that being said
    no harm having a karting place near/in town. They are probably trying to cash in on the stag parties and the one off trips that people might make. Its fairly accessible for most groups.

On the pricing side of things, of course things were cheaper years ago. I remember when a pack of tayto etc was 10 pence (about 13 cent) and so on etc

What has pushed the prices of karting and indeed most of these type of things up in recent years are:
    1. Insurance - absolutely massive costs usually due to our perceived compensation culture.
    2. High Rents - Even now, rents are still high for business.
    3. High Rates - yep these costs have gone up in the past few years.
    4. Excessive and over complicated compliancy requirements for business (Health and safety, fire, accounting etc)
    5. Fuel costs and labour costs (not as big a deal as the other four I would think)
    6. These costs apply to all business and until we see some movement (negatively) on them we'll all be paying a lot for certain things.
    Why it is not acceptable to some that costs of things go up in order to pay these charges and that business will reduce costs if the demand isnt there up to a point where it isnt feasible to remain in operation. I am sure these guys will change prices if they realise people arent coming.

Also, no one is forcing anyone to go there and while a discussion on the business and costs of the business are always useful one can only wish them the best in this climate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ayeayecaptain

Heading to check the place out at the weekend after getting a deal for it, looks small enough but then again Im only looking to fly around on the trackand have the craic with a few of the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

whoopdedoo wrote: »
    that is all
    Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 E84

Lads some of ye havent a cluededoo its €30 for 1/2 an hour which is around 90 laps. think ye should get your facts right like would ye prefer if there wasnt a track in Galway City I mean I really dont see any motive or point in knocking a place that is obviously in demand if there are people there everyday which there are as im addicted to the place brilliant fun for a group of lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

€25 for 30 minutes we paid.
    And you can get vouchers for €10 for 20 minutes through Smart Search

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Randick11

Wow just back from the karting what a buzz and we got serious value on smartsearch only €10!Whoopdeedoooo!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 ayeayecaptain

Thats the deal I bought Randick, booked in to go tomorrow with two of the lads, what was it like? I booked it with the codes that were text to me do I need those codes with me tomorrow? Think I might have deleted the texts :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Randick11

Hey you need the codes so just reprint the email that they came to you in!! It was brilliant we had such a laugh and the track is great fun and the 20 minutes is the perfect amount of time as well. So enjoy!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Shill lock. Plenty of info in thread for anyone who wants to check it out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement