Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What conditions do you hate most bar ice

• 18-02-2011 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Bar obviously Ice which is lethal.
    I don't mind rain that much once I have the gear.
    What I really hate is Rain with driving wind as my lid tends to fog up and when I open up my lid I get lashed with the driving rain which can hurt and very hard to see.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I'm fine with rain.
    I'm even fine with moderate wind

But I hate when the two of them combine :mad:

Driving down the M7 from Dublin to Tipp once and a driving south westerly wind & rain against me the whole way.
    Struggling with the visor but open the visor and I'd get pelted, can't win
    That was a miserable few hours

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Heavy rain on a longer journey is all I really despise.

With regards your fogging problem, I got me one of these and my visor NEVER fogs up amazing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Crasp

The cold is the only thing I can't put up with. I don't mind it, I love going for a spin on a nice fesh winter morning. But my fingertips go numb after 10 minutes and I have to stop. I'm sure a set of HotGrips would solve it, but I'll have to wait til next winter.

tbh no weather bothers me as long as I'm wearing the right gear.... if it's cold, more layers under leathers + a pinlock. If it's wet, wear a waterproof one piece.. If it's sunny, wear a tinted visor...

I actually quite like the ice, nice empty roads and you can have great fun breaking traction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I hate summer showers. Very warm and humid, but you have to wear waterproof gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I love the rain. Hate the sunny days, be going around losing about a stone in sweat every 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Hate that light drizzly/misty rain,mists up your visor resulting in riding with one hand acting as a wiper on the visor. Prefer proper heavy rain that runs off the visor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

freezing fog. used to hate that ****. also strong gusty winds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

After rain, when you get the fine mist thrown up on the visor. Not wet enough to wipe away easy and it becomes more and more difficult to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭martydunf

Slaanesh wrote: »
    With regards your fogging problem, I got me one of these and my visor NEVER fogs up amazing!

+1

Couldnt agree more with the pin lock. Got one myself today, I dont know meself now not having to open the visor to clear it, tis a class bit of kit.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭carsQhere

Fog... I really hate riding in fog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

nothing worse than a boring motor way drive in the lashing rain... lashing rain on a twisty is another story altogether...

As already said.... when its too hot out - ****ing sweating like a pig in all the gear...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

seanybiker wrote: »
    I love the rain. Hate the sunny days, be going around losing about a stone in sweat every 5 minutes.

This is crazy talk.:eek:
    Just drive around in a shorts and flip flops! Road rash is a myth!;)

Seriously I hate rain as no matter how good the gear is the wet will always eventually get in!

On the subject of visor fogging the first thing to do is remove the visor and wash it in warm soapy water. Dry it thoroughly. Then put a pea sized blob of washing up liquid on the inside of the visor and buff it into the entire inside of the visor with dry kitchen towel. Get a clean piece of kitchen towel if necessary and remove any streaking. It takes less time to do than it did to type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

cycocycle wrote: »
    This is crazy talk.:eek:
    Just drive around in a shorts and flip flops! Road rash is a myth!;)

I was in Rome last year.
    T shirt, shorts and flips flops are the scooter riders gear of choice! :D
    And the bikers wore much the same, just swop flip flops for runners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Freezing fog is my pet hate also.

Late on Christmas Eve a few years ago I drove from Blanchardstown (D15) to Monasterevin in Kildare and there was very dense fog. I was wearing glasses at the time, so when I lifted the lid, my glasses fogged up. I had to remove the glasses and drive half blind. When I got to my destination, the moisture had frozen to my gear, face & neck, leaving me a nice shade of blue/white.

Granted, I wasn't kitted out correctly for the journey. It was easily the worst 1 hour of driving ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

All of them bar clear blue skys and a warm(ish) sun. I'm only a fair weather biker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Heavy drizzle, hate having a foggy/misted visor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Freezing fog is grand! Looks cool when it freezes on your jacket. Just make sure it's a good jacket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Strong wind is about all that bothers me.
    Rain is a nuisance, but wind can be "fun".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Strong wind and greesy roads..... currently nurturing a broken thumb because of it :-(

Apart from that the roads around here after farmers have been working in soggy fields.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

I hate winter evening sun! When your coming home from work riding into the sun and its really low in the sky blinding you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement