Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FINALLY.....THE ROCK HAS COME BACK........

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Found this online-- Dwayne Johnson is close to securing a deal to star in the action film Snitch. Johnson would play a father who goes undercover to nab a drug dealer in hopes that the jail sentence for his son gets reduced. It would begin filming this June.

not surprised by this, never expected him to to stick around for long. Rock bashers's form an orderly que ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

When did Rock say that he wouldn't continue to star in films?

Beefy78 wrote: »
    When did Rock say that he wouldn't continue to star in films?

some people taught because he said he was never leaving that he might stick around and take part in matches for a while.

He never really said that though. He was wrong, IMO, to have said what he did simply because people will hold it against him but his point was that he'll be around in some capacity going forward and won't be disappearing for seven years in a row again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

he did not want to be known as the rock he wanted to be knowing as Dwanye Johnston.However his acting career FAILED miserably as he lowered himslef to kids movies. He has finally come back to WWE and everybody love him WHY i ask.. Cena loves the wwe more than anything in the world and turned down an acting career because he didnt want to leave wwe and the wwe fans

Heaven forbid that somebody would want to be known by their real name.

John Cena doesn't have an acting career because he cannot act.

• Advertisement

He never really said that though. He was wrong, IMO, to have said what he did simply because people will hold it against him but his point was that he'll be around in some capacity going forward and won't be disappearing for seven years in a row again.

he never really said what?, i know what his point meant cos i said at the time that it would be more like when his schedule allows he like austin will come back and help the wwe.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,775 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

some people taught because he said he was never leaving that he might stick around and take part in matches for a while.

he still might do - he said himself he can do both.

he never really said what?, i know what his point meant cos i said at the time that it would be more like when his schedule allows he like austin will come back and help the wwe.

He said that he's never leaving. He didn't say that he would be on every WWE show going forward and he never said that he'd be having any matches. In fact he's specifically said on numerous occasions that he'll never wrestle again (even if he appeared to backtrack on that the other day).

He said that he's never leaving. He didn't say that he would be on every WWE show going forward and he never said that he'd be having any matches. In fact he's specifically said on numerous occasions that he'll never wrestle again (even if he appeared to backtrack on that the other day).

you said above he didnt say that, anyway it doesnt matter, i dont expect him to wrestle a full match again, i'm sure he might if he wanted to but i'm not sure for insurance reasons for movies he'd be allowed, as for that interview he done where he said he still has all the gear, i think that was an interview he done with the wwe magazine, i wouldnt pass much heed in that.

I said that he never said that "he might stick around and take part in matches for a while"

• Advertisement

just saw this online, not sure of the source, The Rock recently spoke about his WWE return, here is what he had to say

Why Did He Return?: "This opportunity came along and it felt right and I felt we could do something that's never been done. They've never had a host at Wrestlemania. And as a performer, the adrenaline rush and excitement to host 75-80,000 people, in the Georgia Dome?! There's nothing like it."

On The Night He Returned: "When my music hit, going out. It was incredible. That night was the greatest Raw moment I've ever experienced. And that's saying a lot. I've had the privilege of working with a lot of icons in the WWE. The goosebumps never left my body during that monologue."

What Is His Role With WWE, Post WM?: "It's all up in the air. It depends on what makes sense to the audience. You always think audience first. Much like this return to wrestling, I'm always looking forward to do big and better. [Laughs]...After Wrestlemania, you'll see what I'm talking about, Coming back into the business, I wanted to partner up with [WWE chairman and CEO] Vince [McMahon] and create something special that's never been done that's big on a global scale. And hosting Wrestlemania answered that. In addition to that, it's not only hosting. It's evolved into me whopping somebody's ass. I'm looking to do something big and special with Vince after Wrestlemania."

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I have a feeling that the rock will rock bottom and people elbow Miz and then after Cena wins the match he the rock will hand him the title and the 2 of them will shake hands and become best friends.

Would love to see the Rock cost cena the title thus creating a cena heel turn and eventually there will be a match at a future major event ie Summerslam 2011.

Its great to see the Rock back though pity he will be gone after Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Sounds like he'll be back a bit more often post WM though if that interview is genuine.

Dan Gelston of The Associated Press has an article up hyping WrestleMania 27 and discussing The Rock's WWE return and a possible match. Here are some highlights

John Cena on The Rock being back: "I can't tell you how much it plugs our product back in. It's like getting hooked up to defibrillators. It's the one little jump-start we needed.

John Cena on a match with The Rock: "I have been willing to do anything for that match. I will do anything for that match. If I have to talk more trash about The Rock, I'm your guy."

John Cena on WrestleMania 27: WWE will always be the greatest show youll ever see.

The Rock on a possible match: "I've never said never. I'm open to it. For years when I was asked that, I kept my emotions very close to my sleeve. I would say, 'No, I don't see myself wrestling a match,' because I didn't want to leave that open too much. I wanted to make sure I was concentrating solely on my goals in acting. Its The Peoples Era thats getting ready to happen. Its just beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

When he mentions he wants to do something big with McMahon after WM it may not necessarily be wrestling related... which is a shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

From Wrestlezone:

Exclusive: WWE Writers Told "Be Prepared For Cena vs. Rock"

WrestleZone has learned exclusively that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon and Stephanie McMahon-LeVesque have informed key members of the WWE writing team to expect Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to be appearing in a WWE ring, only not as Wrestlemania host, but as an active participant in a match coming soon.

"This is breaking behind the scenes," a key WWE insider told us late this evening, "If there was a way to properly build and advertise it, I bet they'd make the Wrestlemania match with Cena and Miz into a three-way with The Rock. But Vince is determined to make a potential Rock return mean a lot more than Bret Hart's return, or anyone else's return. Vince sees Rock's involvement this year as a major saving grace for Wrestlemania, and he wants to capitalize on it as big as he can."

No timetable is set, although the speculation for SummerSlam is either "right on target," according to the insider, "or just the next step towards next year's Wrestlemania."
    Make of it what you will, but there's been a lot snippits of The Rock hinting at getting back in the ring and Cena saying he would give "anything" to wrestle him recently so who knows what happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I take that as WWE trying to hype this year's mania. If they squash rumours of Rock wrestling again, it'll significantly diminish interest.

Rock stated a few weeks before coming back that he'd never wrestle again....I still think that Vince'd be an idiot not to hold off Cena/Rock until next year.

Why they couldn't have done the WCW reunion thing in GA this year I'll never know. I bet WWE AND Sting regret not doing business....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

If Rock is willing to have just one match a year, then I would have him wrestle Cena this year at Summerslam, and then Undertaker (who will be on the verge of 20-0) at next years Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Charisteas wrote: »
    If Rock is willing to have just one match a year, then I would have him wrestle Cena this year at Summerslam, and then Undertaker (who will be on the verge of 20-0) at next years Wrestlemania.

I think he will cost Cena the championship at WM, leading to a showdown at Summerslam.

And he'll put Cena over. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I have a feeling that the rock will rock bottom and people elbow Miz and then after Cena wins the match he the rock will hand him the title and the 2 of them will shake hands and become best friends.

Would love to see the Rock cost cena the title thus creating a cena heel turn and eventually there will be a match at a future major event ie Summerslam 2011.

Its great to see the Rock back though pity he will be gone after Wrestlemania.

I think Rock will cost Cena the title but that will not make Cena a heel, rather the kiddies will cheer for Cena more when Rock does eventually put him over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,094 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Wrestlezone is just a ****ing dreadful website, nothing from that site should be taken seriously. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Ah no, I wouldn't say wrestlezone is dreadful at all, they seem to have decentish contacts but they're possibly easily lead.
    That said, it's fair enough they post a lot of gossip/rumours but almost always everything they officially put their name to is quite reliable. They certainly had HHH vs. Taker before any other site I remember.
    Arah, the only reason I'm defending the site is cos I find it the easiest to look at. They're all the same. Hit and miss, and gossip dependent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Well lads, I'm over in the States at the minute for WM but we've also doing some recording in S. Carolina. Anyway, got talking to the guy who owns the studio afterwards... he works on music for films etc.. just finished stuff for the Hangover 2 and he said that he's gona be working on a new Theme song for The Rock soon. So guess he will indeed be around for a while after mania or at least somewhere down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

make sure to take pics! of the arena and outside, the bits we wouldn't see on TV? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Anybody know where I can watch The Rock's segments on Raw since his return? The video in the OP has been removed.

Well lads, I'm over in the States at the minute for WM but we've also doing some recording in S. Carolina. Anyway, got talking to the guy who owns the studio afterwards... he works on music for films etc.. just finished stuff for the Hangover 2 and he said that he's gona be working on a new Theme song for The Rock soon. So guess he will indeed be around for a while after mania or at least somewhere down the line

He said yesterday that he's got a three month window so I guess he'll be around for another 4-6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think after last night's Mania, Cena V Rock needs to happen at this year at Summerslam imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think after last night's Mania, Cena V Rock needs to happen at this year at Summerslam imo

If it was to happen, would it be Face v Face or would it be more effective to have one go heel??

If the crowds reaction to Cena wasnt so divided, i would say that they would put the Rock down as a heel, but by the looks of it, Cena would be getting the booos!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If it was to happen, would it be Face v Face or would it be more effective to have one go heel??

If the crowds reaction to Cena wasnt so divided, i would say that they would put the Rock down as a heel, but by the looks of it, Cena would be getting the booos!

The problem with Cena going heel is unless Rock sticks around full time (dont think that is happening) there is no one big enough (maybe Rey) to take over as the top face of WWE - I think both as faces could work with Rock putting Cena over and at the end they could shake hands or embrace as a mark of respect for each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The problem with Cena going heel is unless Rock sticks around full time (dont think that is happening) there is no one big enough (maybe Rey) to take over as the top face of WWE - I think both as faces could work with Rock putting Cena over and at the end they could shake hands or embrace as a mark of respect for each other

Yeah Face v Face would probably be the best option.

But I think Zack Ryder would be big enough to take over as the top face....................................WWWYKI........:p

Advertisement