Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FINALLY.....THE ROCK HAS COME BACK........

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

well it isn't it?

back in the day, like most wrestling fans, i LOVED the rock. He really was the most charismatic, funny and entertaining we have ever seen in the squared circle. He was also a great worker and i enjoyed a lot of his matches.

But after watching wm and reflecting on his recent, the whole thing, to me has been.. disappointing.. to put it mildly. i was as excited as anyone when he returned in february and his initial promo was good and everyone was thrilled to have him back. but since there has been a steady decline. the "via satellite" promos have been lame, the promos laboured. the worst part of all is this "Team Bring it" buzz he's on right now. it's quite cringeworthy. i loved the rock when he appeared indifferent to the fans worshipping of him, it worked better for his character. his posts and tweets are, for the most part, embarrassing. perhaps i am nit picking here, but he doesnt look right. i know he is obviously older than in the past, but he looks ill or something. the rock of 99/00 will never be topped. thats how he should be remembered. an absolute legend. but his recent return has been fairly underwhelming, and our last memory of him in a wwe ring could be of him either tapping to the stfu or jobbing to an aa. how sad would that be.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,422 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm not liking the fact we have to wait a whole year for Cena V Rock at next year's Mania and that it was announced at Raw last night, way way too soon imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

well it isn't it?

back in the day, like most wrestling fans, i LOVED the rock. He really was the most charismatic, funny and entertaining we have ever seen in the squared circle. He was also a great worker and i enjoyed a lot of his matches.

But after watching wm and reflecting on his recent, the whole thing, to me has been.. disappointing.. to put it mildly. i was as excited as anyone when he returned in february and his initial promo was good and everyone was thrilled to have him back. but since there has been a steady decline. the "via satellite" promos have been lame, the promos laboured. the worst part of all is this "Team Bring it" buzz he's on right now. it's quite cringeworthy. i loved the rock when he appeared indifferent to the fans worshipping of him, it worked better for his character. his posts and tweets are, for the most part, embarrassing. perhaps i am nit picking here, but he doesnt look right. i know he is obviously older than in the past, but he looks ill or something. the rock of 99/00 will never be topped. thats how he should be remembered. an absolute legend. but his recent return has been fairly underwhelming, and our last memory of him in a wwe ring could be of him either tapping to the stfu or jobbing to an aa. how sad would that be.

I agree here.
    That and the 'How's your Lips?' slogans were just god awful.
    The 'I bring it/just bring it' thing has always been part of his act but never the main slogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

DeadParrot wrote: »
    I agree here.
    That and the 'How's your Lips?' slogans were just god awful.
    The 'I bring it/just bring it' thing has always been part of his act but never the main slogan.
    Pretty sure Team Bring It was one of the main slogans around 2000/01.
    Definitely remember a few t-shirts with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm not liking the fact we have to wait a whole year for Cena V Rock at next year's Mania and that it was announced at Raw last night, way way too soon imo.

Might the earliest big event that they can have it at. It might be WM28 or never.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Pretty sure Team Bring It was one of the main slogans around 2000/01.
    Definitely remember a few t-shirts with it

Yeah it was always a big part of his gimmick. "Just Bring it Jabroni" & "We bring the whoopin, you bring the ass!" were two favourites of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭missgroovy21

am glad The Rock...has come back!!! hes awesome (no pun intended!!!) him and cena next year will be great...esp in his hometown!!!! might even get a proper divas match next year....snooki didnt do a bad job tho....

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

nobody can sell a stunner like the rock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

i wonder was rock v cena for mania 28 planned for the start or only happening since everyone wants to see it

Advertisement