Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA CUP 4th Round Replay: Chelsea FC vs Everton FC. 12.30GMT 19/02/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Doubly good cos of the United match not being rearranged again.

53Szczesny53 Wojciech Szczesny
    Tweeps what do you think Ashley was aiming for when he took his penalty?
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

He's spent £1/2 billion on Chelsea and they're sh!te.

Several league title, a few fa cups, later stages of champs league most seasons and not to mention has made us one of the most high profile clubs in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Terrible result for united...no united fan should be happy with that result. What bullshi* it is to have to play that refixture in between 2 other away games.

I disagree, better than having to play them twice in May.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

He's spent £1/2 billion on Chelsea and they're sh!te.

Yeah he has had a terrible return for his money ,

3 FA CUPS
    3 League Titles
    2 League Cups

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

cson wrote: »
    @ Chelsea fans; you need to get rid of a couple of players tbh; Anelka and Malouda should ****ed off back to France for a start. If I was Ancelotti I'd tear Anelka a new one over that penalty; such carelessness - its hard to comprehend considering scoring is his job and he's paid handsomely for it.

I thought it was a decent penalty, better than Baines' or Cole's...decent stretching save. Irrespective of the casual-ness

If I was a Chelsea fan I'd be more p!ssed off at Cole's 'oh well' reaction to missing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Several league title, a few fa cups, later stages of champs league most seasons and not to mention has made us one of the most high profile clubs in the world
    He wants the Champions League though, but on the basis of recent performances, he's going seriously backwards in achieving that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Cole is more of a lover than a fighter tbh..
    Is that what he is? Maybe we can ask David Bentley about that?:D

He wants the Champions League though, but on the basis of recent performances, he's going seriously backwards in achieving that.

Yes but the team is simply not good enought, its that simple, he seems to want to magically win the biggest competition with a very average team, that makes no sense. If you want to win the champs league then buy a team good enough to do it and dont sack managers like mourinhno you twat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

@ Chelsea fans; you need to get rid of a couple of players tbh; Anelka and Malouda should ****ed off back to France for a start. If I was Ancelotti I'd tear Anelka a new one over that penalty; such carelessness - its hard to comprehend considering scoring is his job and he's paid handsomely for it.

Totally agree with everything said , the arrogance of that peno ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Just read that it was Chelsea's seventh consecutive defeat on penalties. If true it points to a serious lack of bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

If you want to win the champs league then buy a team good enough to do it

Rofl, THAT'S your biggest problem right there tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

G'way with your facts will ya! What sort of a witch hunt involves telling the truth? :rolleyes:

Yes but the team is simply not good enought, its that simple, he seems to want to magically win the biggest competition with a very average team, that makes no sense. If you want to win the champs league then buy a team good enough to do it and dont sack managers like mourinhno you twat

I disagree , I think Carlos tactics have been brutal and that is where our problems are at the moment , he either needs his own Assistant manger in there or he needs to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

dfx- wrote: »
    I thought it was a decent penalty, better than Baines' or Cole's...decent stretching save. Irrespective of the casual-ness

If I was a Chelsea fan I'd be more p!ssed off at Cole's 'oh well' reaction to missing..

As far as I'm concerned there's only one way to take penalties; a Lampard run and smash into the roof. The two best penalties taken today were Lampards and Arteta's who did exactly that. Pick your spot and have the confidence to smash it [/Jamie Redknapp!].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

where does this run of defeats on penos start from?

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

partyndbs wrote: »
    1997 I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

As far as I'm concerned there's only one way to take penalties; a Lampard run and smash into the roof. The two best penalties taken today were Lampards and Arteta's who did exactly that. Pick your spot and have the confidence to smash it [/Jamie Redknapp!].

Smash it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Was Cahill playing today? I only woke up for the peno shoot but haven't heard his name mentioned at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

F*ck it even though I wanted Chelsea to win to ease Uniteds run of away games, this Chelsea meltdown is very enjoyable to watch.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

partyndbs wrote: »

It started against Charlton in October 2005 (5-4) in Carling Cup
    Then Liverpool in 2007, Champs League semi final lost 4-1
    United in 2007, Comm Shield lost 3-0
    United in Champs League final 2008, lost 6-5
    Burnley in Carling Cup 2008, lost 5-4

EDIT: Just looking on Wikipedia there though, Chelsea won the Community Shield in 2009 on penalties against United? They hardly lost 7 shootouts since then... incorrect stat maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

smuckers wrote: »
    Anelak WTF was that you strolled up, cole wasn't much better.

At this stage I would'nt care if Carlo got the boot, as we should have killed them off.

Everton should have killed Chelsea off long ago in the original tie tbh, The days Chelsea were kingpins are long over...

Its all big names now for Chelsea but little in the way of steam rolling opposition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

IrishKev wrote: »

But you beat us in penos Community Shield 09 yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

A big huge well done to Everton. Great spirit shown by all their players. Must drive Moyes mad he can't get that form in the league from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

IrishKev wrote: »

EDIT: Just looking on Wikipedia there though, Chelsea won the Community Shield in 2009 on penalties against United? They hardly lost 7 shootouts since then... incorrect stat maybe?

They probably mean competitive matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

flahavaj wrote: »
    F*ck it even though I wanted Chelsea to win to ease Uniteds run of away games, this Chelsea meltdown is very enjoyable to watch.:pac:

We'll probably beat United and everybody loves Carlo again then lose away to Blackpool and Carlo OUT

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I wonder will Torres 'save' Chelsea's season?
    The form he is at present...... no.
    There really is some pressure on for every CL match now!
    God help them if they go out on pens..... might be woth a few bob!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

But you beat us in penos Community Shield 09 yes?

Yeah spotted that too. Not a chelsea fan btw ;)

Mister men wrote: »
    A big huge well done to Everton. Great spirit shown by all their players. Must drive Moyes mad he can't get that form in the league from them.

Yes, nothing more satisfying than paupers like Everton beating oil merchants in their own back yard.

Chelsea have all the names, but Everton have all the guts and balls :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Was Cahill playing today? I only woke up for the peno shoot but haven't heard his name mentioned at all
    bump

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

bump
    yeah he was

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

bump

Yep, came off after 65 mins or so, took a knock

Yes, nothing more satisfying than paupers like Everton beating oil merchants in their own back yard.

Chelsea have all the names, but Everton have all the guts and balls :)

Thats a phenomenal amount of ****e right there. Do you think those everton lads give a ****e about everton. No, they are professionals and get paid huge amounts of money to play for everton, the same as any other club. They dont give 2 ****s about everton in the same way as anelka could not care at all about chelsea. Get down off your high horse, the altitude is making you delerious

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Thats a phenomenal amount of ****e right there. Do you think those everton lads give a ****e about everton. No, they are professionals and get paid huge amounts of money to play for everton, the same as any other club. They dont give 2 ****s about everton in the same way as anelka could not care at all about chelsea. Get down off your high horse, the altitude is making you delerious
    Saucer of milk anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Get down off your high horse, the altitude is making you delerious

Unfortunately MUSEIST, he's always like that.

Thats bs, everyone knows that the team spirit at Everton is as good as any team in the world. Certainly its better than the spirit at stamford bridge.

Thats bs, everyone knows that the team spirit at Everton is as good as any team in the world. Cetainly its better than the spirit at stamford bridge.

I would put that down to the manager but dont start thinking any of those players genuinely care about the club like its there local club.

not sure about the huge amounts of money, certainly players like Anelka and co get huge amounts of money. If Arteta didnt care about Everton he would have f***ed off long ago, but he obviously cares about playing at Goodison. If you knew anything about the players at Everton you would see you are so wrong, its worthy of a facepalm.

not sure about the huge amounts of money, certainly players like Anelka and co get huge amounts of money. If Arteta didnt care about Everton he would have f***ed off long ago, but he obviously cares about playing at Goodison. If you knew anything about the players at Everton you would see you are so wrong, its worthy of a facepalm.

I dont see what point you are making. Arteta will go where ever he gets best money, nobody has offered everton money to sign him so hence he cannot move. If someone came in and offered him more money he would move in a heartbeat as would any player in any club. There is nothing special about everton in this sense and you are deludeing yourself if you think there is.

Many clubs could have signed him by now, Im just saying that there is not much of a togetherness and bonding at Chelsea, and without that you will win nothing.

Anyone can see that, Signing Torres for 50million was desperation to save their season from being a nightmare and ending with no trophy and out of the CL spots.

There is huge spirting at Everton, evident in several moments this season, such as the win at City, and again today.

For Everton to beat a team like Chelsea is nothing short of a miracle, considering the differences between the sides, Moyes deserves all the credit as there has been little between the sides in recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

For Everton to beat a team like Chelsea is nothing short of a miracle, considering the differences between the sides, Moyes deserves all the credit as there has been little between the sides in recent years.

It's not a miracle, it's just good management. He's assembled a very good side with limited resources. If only ye had the money for a 20 goal a season striker, it's all ye are missing from challenging for Europe imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Johner wrote: »
    The Chelsea - United game will be re-arranged if we win

No Need to worry about that Johner:D

Thanks to all at Everton FC from all at Tottenham Hotspur for taking Chelski to ET.

Chelsea are shot to pieces now, they will have a tricky tie in Marseille for sure.

Anelkas peno was shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Chelsea are shot to pieces now, they will have a tricky tie in Marseille for sure.

Anelkas peno was shocking.

:)

You mean Denmark, utd are in Marseillle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Disappointing result as we need 2 teams in the 'top 4' to be FA Cup finalists to ensure 7th place is a Europa League spot.

Fair play to Everton though, it's just ****ing typical that we play them next week when they'll be full of confidence after today :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

BERBA wrote: »
    No Need to worry about that Johner:D

Thanks to all at Everton FC from all at Tottenham Hotspur for taking Chelski to ET.

Spurs have nothing to do with this thread!

Headshot wrote: »
    :)

You mean Denmark, utd are in Marseillle

hmmm, my bad :)

but still a tricky tie.. I think Copenhagen are licking themselves at Chelsea's plight, they are a pretty decent side by all accounts.

Chelsea have the second leg at home so should still advance but if they expect to turn up just to progress they will get f***ed out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

hmmm, my bad :)

but still a tricky tie.. I think Copenhagen are licking themselves at Chelsea's plight, they are a pretty decent side by all accounts.

Chelsea have the second leg at home so should still advance but if they expect to turn up just to progress they will get f***ed out of it.

0-0 or 1-1 in Copenhagen IMO. Chelsea will progress comfortably though as they will win at a canter in the 2nd leg.

Paully D wrote: »
    Disappointing result as we need 2 teams in the 'top 4' to be FA Cup finalists to ensure 7th place is a Europa League spot.

Fair play to Everton though, it's just ****ing typical that we play them next week when they'll be full of confidence after today :pac:

F**k the Europa League, no interest in it.. The CL is where its at.. money wise.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Spurs have nothing to do with this thread!

BERBA needs some limelight...!

• Advertisement

Paully D wrote: »
    0-0 or 1-1 in Copenhagen IMO. Chelsea will progress comfortably though as they will win at a canter in the 2nd leg.

Many expected Chelsea to win at a canter several of their last home games also which has not happened.

Might be closer than people think.

Advertisement