Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astromaster 70 EQ and 90 EQ

• 18-02-2011 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi

Im lookin at good cheap beginners telescopes and i was wondering does anybody know what the difference between the Astrmaster 70 EQ and the Astromaster 90 EQ is? Which one is better?

Thanks! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

the difference is the aperture size 70mm vs 90mm (larger aperture means more light is collected - better image "generally") 90eq has a longer focal lenght and a better EQ mount, not sure if there is a difference in optical coating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Onesimus

As you already know from my other reply I'm a complete beginner myself. But when looking for a scope to buy I simply typed it into youtube to see what people have already put up and viewed with that model in particular. This may be of help to you.

There is also a great site with forum on www.irishastronomy.org in which a poster on this board previously pointed me towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

as mentioned above you should read this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055203633

also beware a equatorial mount may frustrate you initially! (it sure as hell did me :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Clare Corbally

Thanks guys! I'll have a look at those websites!!!! :D

Advertisement