Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where we can buy satellite dish in Dublin?

• 18-02-2011 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hope i open my question on right place.
    Is there anyone know where we can get satellite dish in Dublin ?

Pls reply

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Powercity normally have them in stock in all branches.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ukoker

Thanks i will try them

I was looking get some cheap one 100 cm dish something all powercity have is max 60 cm

Any more advise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Thanks for reply' anyone know any local shop except powercity

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭RTT

Is it just the dish you want and you'll do a self install? I actually got a lad from boards to do mine. He supplied and fitted the dish. Did a great neat job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

I got a decent Triax TD80 dish from Satellite.ie a few weeks ago. Helpful lads and quick delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

If you can't find what you're looking for in Dublin, consider these guys in Germany - http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/
    Delivery can be costly enough (€24 via UPS for a dish usually) depending on what it is you're getting but if you order on a Monday, you'll get your items by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.
    They also do Cash On Delivery via UPS, for €12 extra, which is handy if you want to do it that way or don't have a credit card.

Bought a dish (http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/antennen-visiosat/visiosat-bisat-g2-smc-parabolantenne-fuer-2-lnb.html) and associated bits and pieces there last week myself, all went perfect - huge range of dishes and in some cases you even get to pick the dish colour (I got a brown one myself to match brickwork on house).

• Advertisement

thanks for all your reply
    I was looking some where local instead order online' just go and pick up

However i thank everyone for help

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Nehaxak wrote: »
    If you can't find what you're looking for in Dublin, consider these guys in Germany - http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/
    Delivery can be costly enough (€24 via UPS for a dish usually) depending on what it is you're getting but if you order on a Monday, you'll get your items by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.
    They also do Cash On Delivery via UPS, for €12 extra, which is handy if you want to do it that way or don't have a credit card.

Bought a dish (http://www.hm-sat-shop.de/en/antennen-visiosat/visiosat-bisat-g2-smc-parabolantenne-fuer-2-lnb.html) and associated bits and pieces there last week myself, all went perfect - huge range of dishes and in some cases you even get to pick the dish colour (I got a brown one myself to match brickwork on house).

What about if you cant speak or understand German though??;):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭RTT

paddy147 wrote: »
    What about if you cant speak or understand German though??;):rolleyes:

Then simply click the english icon at the top of the page to translate it. ;)

Yeah i think better to order online ' instead looking get from somewhere else
    Isuu resolved

Thanks for all advise

Sure I understand. It's just an option to order online if you can't find what you're looking for.
    You could PM Tony who posts on here and talk with him, see what he has in stock in his shop that might suit you.
    There's also a place up in Kimmage (forget the name of it sorry) who have (or at least had, last time I was there) a plethora of dishes available in their shop, including the wave frontier stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Sure I understand. It's just an option to order online if you can't find what you're looking for.
    You could PM Tony who posts on here and talk with him, see what he has in stock in his shop that might suit you.
    There's also a place up in Kimmage (forget the name of it sorry) who have (or at least had, last time I was there) a plethora of dishes available in their shop, including the wave frontier stuff.

The place in Kimmage is called Satworld , I linked to their site on the last page.

RTT wrote: »
    Then simply click the english icon at the top of the page to translate it. ;)

Its still in German.:rolleyes:

Its still in German.:rolleyes:

Use Google Chrome browser, it will translate it for you when viewing :)

Thanks guys , you are briliant im gonna look at this shop, see i can get it
    i'll let u know

Thanks again

Use Google Chrome browser, it will translate it for you when viewing :)

Think I,ll just buy in Ireland,keep my money in this country and support Irish business and workers.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

Think I,ll just buy in Ireland,keep my money in this country and support Irish business and workers.:)

Indeed.

Also worth bearing in mind that much of the great advice on this forum is freely supplied by owners and employees of said businesses.

Quid pro quo* :)

*Now, where did I leave those fava beans

You could've just said that at the start rather than pretend there was an issue of the site I linked being in Germany.
    I prefer to put my own pocket first if I can buy cheaper and exactly what i want in Europe, each to their own though.

Owenw wrote: »
    Indeed.

Also worth bearing in mind that much of the great advice on this forum is freely supplied by owners and employees of said businesses.

Quid pro quo* :)

*Now, where did I leave those fava beans

No it's not !?

Time to rename this forum a "shilling" for your satellite...

Advertisement