Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General need a good whine thread

Options
  • 18-02-2011 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭

Thought giving people a place to have a quick vent/rant about what's annoying them today might be a good idea:

Today, raining heavily, can't go out with 13 month old. She's being very hyper and climbing everywhere and giving us no peace. Wife is wrecked tired, I'm sick. Not good!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Sharrow wrote: »

Wanted to have a more general whine thread than that. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I'll whine:D

Miserable day, house like a bomb, 8yr old who can barely tie his own shoe-lace and it's all my own fault. Trying desperately to teach him to pick things up, put his plate back in the sink and so on, without me having to instruct him step by step:mad: It has been easier for me to do things for him over the years and I am even more angry because I have no one to blame but myself for his laziness.:mad::mad:

I am determined that he will (soon) instinctively help around the house...determined.

Whine over.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My partners grandmother died yesterday... the two girls ran rings around me today... Saoirse screaming her lungs out and Addison not well :( So tired... funeral mass tomorrow and funeral on Monday, thank god my sister has offered to babysit both days....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Fittle wrote: »
    I'll whine:D

Miserable day, house like a bomb, 8yr old who can barely tie his own shoe-lace and it's all my own fault. Trying desperately to teach him to pick things up, put his plate back in the sink and so on, without me having to instruct him step by step:mad: It has been easier for me to do things for him over the years and I am even more angry because I have no one to blame but myself for his laziness.:mad::mad:

I am determined that he will (soon) instinctively help around the house...determined.

Whine over.:D

I have an over "helpful" 2 year old.
    I can get her to tidy anything up if we sing clean up clean up....
    The issue now is she wants to help mammy so today she tried to clean the bath room with a sponge,threw numerous things in the bin,helpfully brought the bathroom bin downstairs and yesterday in liffey valley she wanted to clean the floor...

I want a house full of kids but no housework or washing:)

My back is donw in from putting the girls in and out of the car:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Got a bad sinus infection, husband is also sick, eldest daughter also has sinus infection and that is making her blood sugars go haywire (she is on mid term break but would be off school sick), 5 year old is off school sick with a bad chest infection and the little guy has gone to preschool with a bad cough but he had to go to preschool as his early intervention educator is paying a vist there today.

I had to drop off the verso to the garage to have the starter motor replaced, had to walk to my husbands work to pick up the little yaris (who passed its nct on Saturday :)) Have to take the little one to speech therapy at 1 clock and have a parent teacher meeting at 2.30. AAARRRRGGGGHGHHHHHHH no rest for the wicked.

Everyone in the house is on antibiotics. My head is thumping and i have to go back to the gp for more antibiotics as the infection has got worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

i've destroyed my back, my daughter is running around after me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I found my 18 month old boy at the Sudocrem again

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I have an over "helpful" 2 year old.
    I can get her to tidy anything up if we sing clean up clean up....
    The issue now is she wants to help mammy so today she tried to clean the bath room with a sponge,threw numerous things in the bin,helpfully brought the bathroom bin downstairs and yesterday in liffey valley she wanted to clean the floor...

I want a house full of kids but no housework or washing:)

My back is donw in from putting the girls in and out of the car:(

ARRRGGGHHHH I remember the day and date that himself got into the car and put his own seatbelt on, without any help from me - he was 3.5....I HATED putting him in and out of the carseat about 10times a day for 3.5yrs...:mad::mad: That's 12,775 times I've done it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for making me realise that as he got older, things like that got easier:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Both me and the 18-month old have had a stomach bug since Sunday. Mine has given me diarrhoea, fever, exhaustion, a clanking headache, spots, nausea and loss of the will to live. His has given him diarrhea, the desire to run very quickly round and round the sofa, the desire to SING VERY LOUDLY, a newfound curiosity in up-to-now safe areas of the house, a need to bounce up and down on my head at regular intervals, a whole new volume setting and a sudden ability to hide very quietly.

This is not fun. At least we're nearly at the end of it. I'm so sick of poo.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The fan in my boiler is gone and can't get hold of the plumber:(
    My 2 year old is so far down the primary school of choice waiting list that her chances of a place are low but at least if she gets in her sister is almost guaranteed a place.
    Luckily it is nearly the weekend:)

She just flooded the downstairs bathroom because she was washing her hands and could not switch the tap back off!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Kildrought

Laughed at flooding the bathroom!

One child used to like turning on the hot tap to see the 'steam' rising and then couldn't turn it off, we couldn't figure out why we kept running out of hot water! In the end we had to remove the handle on the tap until he got older!

Another one liked to put the end of the loo roll into the loo & then flush it to watch the loo roll go round & round!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Kildrought wrote: »
    Laughed at flooding the bathroom!

One child used to like turning on the hot tap to see the 'steam' rising and then couldn't turn it off, we couldn't figure out why we kept running out of hot water! In the end we had to remove the handle on the tap until he got older!

Another one liked to put the end of the loo roll into the loo & then flush it to watch the loo roll go round & round!

Least your one didn't like sticking whole rolls of loo roll down the loo :\

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

My poor baby broke her wrist today, in 2 places....! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

She's only 4, she tripped and landed badly on an outstretched hand! Tallaght hospital were very quick treating her, sent her home with half a cast and she will be back in tomorrow getting the full cast. Feel so sorry for the poor babe!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

She's only 4, she tripped and landed badly on an outstretched hand! Tallaght hospital were very quick treating her, sent her home with half a cast and she will be back in tomorrow getting the full cast. Feel so sorry for the poor babe!
    Poor girl. Lots of treats for the poor pet.

Awww, hope she's ok:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Aw bless your little one smelltheglove (what an unusual name btw:D).....

Awful to see them in pain at such a young age:(
    Hope she's feeling okay?

Aw bless your little one smelltheglove (what an unusual name btw:D).....

Awful to see them in pain at such a young age:(
    Hope she's feeling okay?

Haha, its apparently the name of the album from the Spinal Tap movie, my hubbie set the account up;)

Well today we went for a full cast, and another xray. At the moment she doesnt need an op, her wrist is misplaced now, they did but some pressure in to re-align whilst doing the cast which caused a hell of a lot of screaming and kicking but she is a good kid and and screamed while it was being done yet smiled leaving the room 2 minutes later. She had another xray showing that it did infact realign so will be back again next week to get it xrayed again and make sure it stays that way. Her cast has already been signed by the family and it bright pink with glitter too!

I have to say, Tallaght hospital was great, waiting time wasnt long even though the er looked packed, today we were straight in to see the doc, straight from there to cast, direct to xray and back to doc, minimal waiting around and all the staff were lovely to deal with, despite the pain I left with a very happy baby so thumbs up.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

16 month old has chickenpox, plus crazy teething pain and has kept us up three nights running. Am so exhausted and wish I could take away his discomfort with a magic wand, poor baby.

My 12 year old has a comformation in five weeks, has a birthday in two weeks and is starting secondary in September, which altogether will cost us a fortune we don't have.

16 year old has been invited on a holiday with her best friend, which will cost the bones of 700 euros.

I need a holiday and a lotto win!!!!

Aw hope the baby is ok, have you tried poxclir...? Little one had them a few months back and found this stuff brilliant, the mousse is around 17 euro for the bottle but defo worth it imo.

• Advertisement

Have not heard of that one, but will definitely ask about it in the chemist tomorrow...thanks :)

Its a new enough product but my little one is 4 and when the itch started she would end up actually asking for it so it must have been helping a fair bit. Just watch around the bum area, hers got really bad, plenty of baths and bread soda too.

Yeah, his bum area is bad, but I thought baths would only exascerbate it. Does bathing actually help?

Yeah, his bum area is bad, but I thought baths would only exascerbate it. Does bathing actually help?

Helps a lot, loads of bread soda too, it cools the area, when mine had it over Christas I was running the bath at 4 am some mornings. I even went to the hosp as it was up her bum and girly parts and they did nothing for her, they did gve her a prescription for eye cream as it was going into her eyes, which you have to watch out for as it can affect the sight.

Advertisement