Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginer

Options
  • 18-02-2011 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey, I'm heading down for my first lesson tomorrow in LaHinch coming from Dublin and was wondering if anyone from Dublin goes down regularly I could scab a lift and help towards petrol, and any first time surfing advise would be cool. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Brandog

I'm surprised you haven't got any replys?Can be a bit of a git gettin to Lahinch from Dublin at the weekends.Keep trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ste1989

hows it goin.im in the same boat as u except i have a car.tried surfing once on holiday and now i want to give it a shot over here.id b looking to drive down at the weekends.would u be interested in sharing petrol costs some weekend soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭nickybutler

Tramore would be easier & quicker with the new motorway!
    Plus if you dont get a lift check out www.jjkavanagh.ie

http://www.jjkavanagh.ie/en/timetables/print-pdf

Bus directly from a few different stops in dublin to tramore, the tickets cheap enough too and at a guess lessons in Tramore would be cheaper than lahinch. €35 for a lesson.

Plus the forecast is good for surf. Check out the webcam of Tramore beach:
    www.tramoresurfshop.com/webcam/

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I also recommend Tramore! I started surfing there last summer and the beach is perfect for beginners. The wave size was ideal also, not too big or too small(when it got going in June). I know people regard Tramore as being just for beginners but I honestly saw some great waves there and each time I went surfing I had a ball. Most days the waves were easily 3ft which is plently for a beginner.

Check out the webcam too, you can see for yourself what the waves are like and its pointed at the part of the beach that people surf.

Lahinch is in the middle of nowhere if you are coming from Dublin but Tramore is just down the motorway and a bus ride 7m out from the city. There are a few hostels also that are surfer friendly and as nicky said, lessons are reasonable especially as part of a group.

I'll be hitting the water as soon as I can, cant wait to get back into it! Look out for a skinny guy in a green goblin style wetsuit, that'll be me!

Advertisement