Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Vincent McMorrow

Options
  • 18-02-2011 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭

I heard of him early last year but didn't instead in his album until around Christmas time. I have to say it's a stone wall classic. Along with Conor O'Brien they are leading the Irish charge producing some great music. The build up to 'If I had a boat' just takes you on a journey of sheer excitement. Sparrow & the Wolf, We Don't Eat and From the Woods!! are all masterful

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I bought his album shortly after it came out this time last year and I have not stopped playing it.
    Personally I think he's a million times better than Villagers/Conor O'Brien who I don't enjoy as much.

I know he's only releasing the album in the US and Europe now, but I really wish he'd get a wriggle on and release a new album here. Screw America!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Saw him on Other Voices on RTE the other night and now I see what the fuss is about. Great voice, nice songs, a serious talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭emo72

just listening to his second album, its very nice. i cant believe hes not better known. also was surprised to hear he is irish.

Advertisement