Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerry Adams, Leader of Opposition

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Adrian009 wrote: »
    No one, I hope, is denying that you are Irish.

But County Antrim is in Northern Ireland, which is part of the United Kingdom. Which is a different country from Ireland/Eire.

The point been made is that Adams's entire upbringing has been within the confines of the British political system. He is a newcomer to the purely Irish political area.

That's a bonus if you ask me. SF are not afraid of root and branch political reform. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    That's a bonus if you ask me. SF are not afraid of root and branch political reform. ;)

I know how "tar and feather" works, what's "root and branch"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

I know how "tar and feather" works, what's "root and branch"?

You are trolling pure and simple, or you are still in the 70's.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Back to the OP - Ain't going to happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Reilly616

i didnt realise the "UK" is a country:cool:

Why put a "cool" smiley after a statement of ignorance? And how could you not know that the UK is a country? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Northern Ireland is in a different country. Gerry Adams is a foreign politician.
    He holds an Irish passport so thats not true, he's as Irish as you or I.
    Is the President of our State a "foreign politician" also?? she's from Ardoyne in Belfast.. or does this only apply to SF candidates.
    O'Dowd from FG is also running in the Louth constituency and he's from Tipperary which is much further away than Adams' Belfast birthplace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Dotsey wrote: »
    He holds an Irish passport so thats not true, he's as Irish as you or I.
    Is the President of our State a "foreign politician" also?? she's from Ardoyne in Belfast.. or does this only apply to SF candidates.
    O'Dowd from FG is also running in the Louth constituency and he's from Tipperary which is much further away than Adams' Belfast birthplace.

I think the point the honourable member was making was that Adams has been involved in a foreign political system. Mary McAleese while born in Northern Ireland has been elected President in the Republic of Ireland

Advertisement