Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 18-02-2011 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭

Come this Sunday evening I will be Four weeks off the smokes. This isn't the longest i've ever been off them but the second longest time.

My partner is off to Liverpool for a Hens weekend and is all but resigned to smoking whilst away with the girls. I'm fine with this as i would be the same.
    My problem is that I have been building this fantasy that revolves around smoking in my head all week. My fantasies include buying a crate of beer 2 packs of smokes and smoking my brains out on Saturday night. Going to the Pub on Sunday and spending the day drinking Guinness and smoking ( that particular thought is making me drool a little):o

Obviously drinking is a big trigger for me, which is why I've been avoiding it for the past month. Guess I'll have to continue with the no drinking for now.

All that probably didn't warrant a new thread but i needed to vent a little.
    Thanks for listening.

P.S When does it get easier?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

can't help you with your actual question i'm afraid, but havce a look at the e-cigarette thread below this one if you do end up smoking again and have to quit all over. it's a great way to still get your nicotine fix while drinking without actually burning a plant and inhaling the smoke that is produced.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭ICE HOUSE

It takes a couple of months. Im off them around 4 years. best thing I ever did. Keep it up but try to occupy yourself with an exercise combination aswell to further encourage yourself. It is entirely possible. I use to be on 40 a day so im living proof. I even hate the smell of them now. Good Luck

Advertisement