Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Hot Sauce Brand?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Rebel Chilli do savage tasty sauces - the second hottest one is nice, can't remember the name. Orange coloured habanero sauce. You can feel the chillis in your nose when you open the jar.
    The super hot version (Chillionaire??) must be mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭gmf1024

I am a big fan of spicy food and love the Rebel Chilli range too.
    The drawback is that it seems to only be on sale in Cork.
    I stock up accordingly on visits to the self styled REAL capital :D.
    Hot Habanero is the 2nd hottest.
    1 tbsp of Chillionaire will put the heat into an Arrabiata for 4 people who like it hot.
    I cannot find a website but RebelChilli is on FB

gmf1024 wrote: »
    1 tbsp of Chillionaire will put the heat into an Arrabiata for 4 people who like it hot.
    Judging by the heat of the habenero relish, i reckon you mean 1 teaspoon of Chillionaire. 1 tablespoon of Chillionaire into a dish would kill the average Irish person!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Menolias

+1 for the Encona Range
    You should give Peri Peri sauce a go,very different burn than usual,can be found in tesco sometimes.
    Also thai sweet chilli sauce for chicken is very versatile

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Dunne's in Blanch have Hot Headz Zingy Chilli sauce with Jalapenos and a NAGA(or ghost chilli) mustard. Just got them yesterday and tried them today. The zingy is nice and tasty with a kick, the Naga I have only tried a wee bit and it was lovely, still have a burning in my mouth :)
    I also like Franks, tabasco(lovely on beans) and Nandos extra hot peri peri. I love the Nandos sauce, it's not too hot for me and has a nice citrus taste to it. I put it on every thing.
    All my sauces were bought in Dunnes Blanch, will have a look in Dunnes Georges street and Fallon and Byrne for more types later.
    PS Lidl do the Marinade Me range which are nice, not really spicy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Lornen, where did you get the Iguana range?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

faigs wrote: »
    Lornen, where did you get the Iguana range?

TKMaxx of all places! I don't know how branches stock differs but try your luck looking around the tills, the food is kept around there!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭katharinewheel

I mostly use tabasco for cooking with, but as an everyday hot sauce it isn't too bad.

I find Encona hot sauces are also pretty good, they've plenty of variety and the hotter sauces tend to pack a lot more heat. I currently have a bottle of their Creole Hot pepper sauce languishing in the cupboards which only uses habaneros and scotch bonnet peppers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭SmartFox

The Encona is okay, but a bit vinegary for my taste, masks the true flavour of what your eating.

The Mic's Chilli Inferno sauces are tasty, saw them on Nationwide yesterday. Nice to see locally produced sauces are popping up at last. Tried the Extreme, yep it's the real deal. Still burning! ;)

They've got a link to the Nationwide piece on their Facebook page (it's at the beginning of the program) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mics-C...29969363721463

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

An Irish company! Good on 'em. I'll try that out.. that link's broke... fixed one is

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mics-Chilli/129969363721463

• Advertisement

Tried Mic's Inferno last night, picked it up in the local Centra in Limerick.
    Savage stuff, very nice, along the lines of the Rebel Chilli Habanero relish (maybe more coriander in the Rebel sauce). These will be my hot sauces of choice for the next while!

Fair play to Centra for carrying this brand and other local Irish brands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ryandublin

Is there any Asian grocery stores near Jervis centre that carry Sriracha sauce?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I'm not a huge lover of hot Sauce but Franks is special.

Advertisement