Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior League Website

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

In fairness would you referee and accept constant abuse and travel a 40+km roundtrip for free?
    I wouldn't say 90% do it for the money, but they'd be at a loss in there own pocket if they done it for free and they'v to pay referee society fees, kit etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

savic04 wrote: »
    We said joking to that guy last week " u took a chance driving from Wexford without seeing the pitch coz of the rain" his response was "well ye better be paying me anyway, don't care how bad pitch is, match will be on".

wouldnt agree with that type of response but when were yella bellies not in anything but just for the money ask anyone who worked the building sites during the boom....

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭savic04

Not expecting them to do it for free ,
    Of course not. What I am saying is that most do it because of a) the money b) the game c) career....ok that's a longshot but there are sonme great refs around too.

Advertisement