Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryan Giggs

12346»

Comments

His on the field achievements are incredible. To still be playing at the top level at his age is quite something.

Off the field the guy obviously has major issues.

He's a game of two halves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

What he did off field doesn't matter ffs.

His job is being a professional footballer and he's been truly amazing at his job and has 13 PL titles, something most players can only dream of having even 1.

It's strange that it's a fair few Liverpool supporters bringing his off field stuff up, as if it's Suarez type thing, Suarez is a scumbag on the pitch while he's working as a professional footballer, so rightly gets called out on it. What(or who) Giggs does in his spare time is irrelevant as to his job as a professional footballer so taking it as something against his career in football is idiocy of the highest order.

I'm not surprised at the people bringing it up tbh.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

His job is being a professional footballer and he's been truly amazing at his job and has 13 PL titles, something most players can only dream of having even 1.

It's strange that it's a fair few Liverpool supporters bringing his off field stuff up, as if it's Suarez type thing, Suarez is a scumbag on the pitch while he's working as a professional footballer, so rightly gets called out on it. What(or who) Giggs does in his spare time is irrelevant as to his job as a professional footballer so taking it as something against his career in football is idiocy of the highest order.

Name and shame cause I must be reading a different thread than you cause mostly appraisal from non Liverpool fans is all I can see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

premier leagues greatest ever in terms of achievement's,not a model pro,bit of a rogue..as a club player,exactly what you want.

low n behold,another lfc fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Great that you can tell everybody what they should be interested in and talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I love giggs.

Consistently good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Certainly one of his greatest achievements has been somehow getting people to forget his scumbag behaviour off the pitch. A great player, but certainly no role model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

The same Scholes who didn't start in many games for club and country? Overrated player

I'm sorry, but this is just the funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.

The best ever midfielder to play in the premier league is Scholes, in fact I would go as far to say that he is very underrated.

An absolute genius. England didn't realize how good he was until he retired, idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Irish94 wrote: »

The best ever midfielder to play in the premier league is Scholes, in fact I would go as far to say that he is very underrated.

An absolute genius. England didn't realize how good he was until he retired, idiots.

Think he was looking for rise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Think he was looking for rise.

Rise or not, nobody talks about Scholesy like that. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Irish94 wrote: »

Jamie Carragher said the best english player ever was over rated so expect some to believe it.

Jame carragher also said full backs were failed centre backs him having played 120 odd games as full back not sure what to make of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Show me this hate Terry gets?

Terry is an odious 'Estuary Man' whilst Giggs albeit of Welsh origin is generally perceived as an easy going, down to earth Salford lad.

Giggs and Scholes although inferior talent wise to Best are the best Professional Footballers in Utd's history in terms of contribution and dedication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Took him 16 odd years to win premiership player of the season, very good player mind but not world class. Has done excellent to have played this long at this level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

I agree with carra, most full backs are failed wingers or centre backs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Giggs doesn't get half the hate Cole & Terry gets, especially Terry. Considering what Giggs did was the worst.

I think the hate for Terry is more for him being a racist, than for what he did to Wayne Bridge. Which would explain why people hate him more.

Advertisement