Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castle night club closed?

Options
  • 18-02-2011 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭

A few people have told me this and their facebook page is gone. Drove by it earlier on but didn't take any notice of it. Although there was a lot of heavy machinery I presumed it was from the actual castle refurbishments. Does anybody have any news on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Hopefully, but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

JayEnnis wrote: »
    A few people have told me this and their facebook page is gone. Drove by it earlier on but didn't take any notice of it. Although there was a lot of heavy machinery I presumed it was from the actual castle refurbishments. Does anybody have any news on this?

They have posters up for Aslan in March,but I heard business isn't as brisk as they hoped.The bad weather at Christmas seems to have put a major dent in their plans as customers stayed away and it seems they haven't returned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Hopefully, but I doubt it.

Can someone explain this attitude to me? Jobs lost and livelihoods in tatters. And this guy is happy. Sickening tbh.

Can someone explain this attitude to me? Jobs lost and livelihoods in tatters. And this guy is happy. Sickening tbh.

I'll explain it for you. Since the kip opened there's been numerous rows, screaming and shouting at all hours of the night, bottles being thrown about on the street, gardai having to be called to sort out things. You try living in the middle of it. I find your fffing attitude even more sickening tbh! The good news is that's it didn't open tonight - a peaceful night's sleep if that's okay with you.

I think you should move out to a farm in the country.

• Advertisement

I think you should feck off back to the Waterford forum. :p

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭sallysaucer101

Now now children!

Also heard a rumor that the owner has skipped off with all the money! I will totally take it back if Im wrong but they were doing an awful lot of promotions lately that I knew wouldn't last so methinks he made as much money as he could as soon as he could and skipped off!!

Heard he owed a lot of money to a lot of people. But like I said will take it all back if im wrong!

You're not wrong.

Still though, it's a shame.

I see Shenanigans has changed its name to The Square. Don't think they care too much about the new name, they just seem to want to make total changes to the place. Which has to be a good thing. This staff in there were not up to scratch and they never did anything on facebook or with their promotions. By the looks of it they have some good bands booked and they've cut the price of all their drinks. Not sure if people care though. Just one of those places that just does okay for lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I Never liked the castle anyway so as a venue I can't say I'm sad to see it go. But as for the jobs its a bit of a blow to the town. Drove past it again tonight around 1am and it wasn't open.

• Advertisement

Any more news about the Castle Night Club? Aslan's Twitter page here:http://twitter.com/officialaslan says their concert is cancelled. The place has a padlock and chain on it all weekend and the owner was observed checking the place last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Someone said to me yesterday that they heard it was in trouble and that there were staff who are due wages that haven't been paid.

I've no idea if this is actually true or not... it's doing the rounds on the Enniscorthy gossip grape vine which you have to take lightly at the best of times.

Also heard on the grapevine that it's closed and the operator has left and owes people money from the venture.

It's been fairly common knowledge that the operator was in some trouble.

He killed the facebook page instantly. In any other circumstances you wouldn't do this, because you might want to start operating again. Facebook pages are not like profiles...you can't just deactivate them and activate them again when you see fit. You open them, you delete them, they're gone forever.

I'm guessing he didn't want a page where people would ask a lot of questions. He wanted to just disappear.

More details in paper tomorrow. ;)

From today's Enniscorthy Guardian.

guardian%2B004.JPG

http://countywexford.blogspot.com/

Is that your blog mate?

"You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment." :D

it's cool, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭'scorthy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

'scorthy wrote: »

Old news, with the same source ;)
    From today's Enniscorthy Guardian.

<picture snipped>
    http://countywexford.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

You're not wrong.

Still though, it's a shame.

I see Shenanigans has changed its name to The Square. Don't think they care too much about the new name, they just seem to want to make total changes to the place. Which has to be a good thing. This staff in there were not up to scratch and they never did anything on facebook or with their promotions. By the looks of it they have some good bands booked and they've cut the price of all their drinks. Not sure if people care though. Just one of those places that just does okay for lunch.

The reason they done this is because they reckon they dont get any funeral afters from the cathedral because the name would be a bit inapropriate.

The people who fitted out the new lighting in the night club were observed on the premises today - I doubt that they were there to discuss reopening the club. ;)

The people who fitted out the new lighting in the night club were observed on the premises today - I doubt that they were there to discuss reopening the club. ;)

I heard they were owed a lot of money and when time for payment came the proprieter simply closed shop.Could be just another famous Enniscorthy rumour but I also heard another contractor is owed 10k from work carried out.

Ledger wrote: »
    The reason they done this is because they reckon they dont get any funeral afters from the cathedral because the name would be a bit inapropriate.

Really? That's a bit mad tbh. In some weird way it makes sense though. They're making some effort though...do you know if they brought in external people for the rebrand?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Really? That's a bit mad tbh. In some weird way it makes sense though. They're making some effort though...do you know if they brought in external people for the rebrand?

There's a new manager, and he's trying to try out new things which is good.

The old manager is now in the bailey.

Fair play to them.

Rumours around town that the Castle is to reopen under new management.Not much good to the contractors and staff who are owed money from the original management.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭David900

Not surprised Enniscorthy can't sustain more than one nightclub. Wexford town struggles with two to be honest. The demographics just don't support it I think. I think from the 2006 census Enniscorthies population was around roughly 11,000 as where Wexford was over 18,000. Brining in Wexford's hinterland it increases to around 30,000 which would be significantly larger than Enniscorthies' - at a guess I'd say half. I'd imagine the unemployment rate in Enniscorthy is larger than Wexford's too. I don't think people setting up this places look at fundamentals like this when setting up a place. In saying that though I would applaud his balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

last i looked and can rememebr wexford and hinterlands was about 48,000.

Advertisement