Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reinstalling UPC in house

Options
  • 18-02-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

We moved into a house that had UPC before us. The last tenants left behind their wireless modem which they were using (EPC2425 or something like that).

We moved our account over to the house and got set up on the telly and now broadband. Doing the self-install so they sent out a cable modem (epc2203)

My question is can i use the older wireless modem as its the same connection point and house? password and ssid is on the bottom of it and im picking up a local connection anyway.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,239 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Johnny86 wrote: »
    We moved into a house that had UPC before us. The last tenants left behind their wireless modem which they were using (EPC2425 or something like that).

We moved our account over to the house and got set up on the telly and now broadband. Doing the self-install so they sent out a cable modem (epc2203)

My question is can i use the older wireless modem as its the same connection point and house? password and ssid is on the bottom of it and im picking up a local connection anyway.

Access and provisioning is controlled by the MAC address of the modem associated with your account. UPC are usually okay with people re-using other UPC modems, so ring them and have the other modems MAC address added. However, the Cisco EPC2425 is generally regarded as crap so be warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Johnny86

Alright thanks,
    We wouldnt be heavy internet users so it would save the 40e for a wireless router if we could do that

Advertisement