Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OPFP Question

Options
  • 15-02-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Folks, my baby is 4 months and his mother has been living on 200 euro p/week maternity benefit since he was born. She applied for single parent family allowance last month. Will she get that backdated to when our baby was born is my question?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Em, is she a single parent? Are you paying maintenance for your child?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Do you live together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Question moved to thread of it's own

Folks, my baby is 4 months and his mother has been living on 200 euro p/week maternity benefit since he was born. She applied for single parent family allowance last month. Will she get that backdated to when our baby was born is my question?

She will be moved onto OPFP when her maternity benefit is finished - it may take that long to process her claim anyway, at the moment.

OPFP with one child is €188 + €29.80 = €217.80 per week.

She may receive the difference backdated, but only to when she applied for OPFP.

As already mentioned, maintenance is assessed as means for OPFP, so this would have an effect on her OPFP as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

As far as i remember she should get half maternity benefit and full opfa. They will back date it too when baby was born. Double check that they haven't back dated it too when she applied. If they do she just has to send in a appeal they give address on form that confirms she's receiving the payment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement