Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yippee here comes the last weekend of canvassers banging on the door!

Options
  • 18-02-2011 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Indeed yippee here comes another weekend of canvassers knocking on the door, this is the last weekend of this carry on isnt it?

I'm finding it hard to contain my patience with them, and I have had to keep my 3 hungry german shepherds out of the way, in case they should do us all a favour

Is it just me or is one of the Sligo election posters paticularly demonic...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Fortunately I've had total peace out my way, no wasters at all calling so it's been great. My 'friendly' German Shepperd's may have had an influence on this, I suspect though.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭CityMan2010

Nice one CM....Mans best friends eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yieS7jWWdB8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

That would imply that they actually bother to try and canvass votes instead of just putting flyers through the doors saying 'Sorry we missed you'

Yes indeed there is an element of the drop and run for sure...Im always relieved to get the "Sorry we missed you"...unfortunately we have had quite a few who have not run away.:eek:

meanwhile tune in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvqocvYeBcg

That would imply that they actually bother to try and canvass votes instead of just putting flyers through the doors saying 'Sorry we missed you'

• Registered Users Posts: 43,895 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Got three canvassers so far - McSharry, Bree and Clarke this morning.

Answered the door to the McSharry's canvassers, but Bree's canvassers called at 8.45pm in the evening.. not that I've kids or anything but it's a tad late in the evening.. so I ignored that.

Good to see the end of it tbh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Red Rev

Bree seems to wrap his up at 9 so your house was probably one of the last im guessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Thought they were all supposed to wrap it up at 9pm. Had a young guy call last night at 9.40 for Clarke. Can assure you he got a quick shift as I only answered the door 'cause I thought it was someone who had promised to call yesterday with a cheque!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Only canvasser I have seen or spoke to so far was Susan O'Keffe her self as I was getting out of the car. Plenty of leaflets have came through the letter box though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

The only one we have seen is Alwyn Love.
    We had people on behalf of Michael Clarke.
    To be honest if they can't be bothered to call then I can't be bothered to vote for them.
    I'm fed up of all the leaflets what a big waste of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭thebuzz

Very few canvessers this year. People for McLoughlin and MacSharry, that was all. Haven't seen one actual candidate.

Plenty of leaflets posted out though, agree with the above-complete waste of money.

edit-Colreavy was canvassing today.

• Advertisement

magnumlady wrote: »
    I'm fed up of all the leaflets what a big waste of money.

Agreed magnumlady. And the next Govt. should ban all postering as well as leaflet dropping. I'ts costing us to recycle all this useless sh1t ! And many of the posters will never be used again as the candidates will return to oblivion. Well, hopefully anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

red sean wrote: »
    Agreed magnumlady. And the next Govt. should ban all postering as well as leaflet dropping. I'ts costing us to recycle all this useless sh1t ! And many of the posters will never be used again as the candidates will return to oblivion. Well, hopefully anyway!!

Could not agree more, and am sure alot of the posters have not be put up according to rules guide lines, such as attached to road signs the length of our N roads.

Cant beleive they had postal deleveries on saturday (yesterday) as well, Came back to house to day to see several personally addressed election leaflets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Had Declan Bree's crowd canvassing just there. Out in the rain with their brollies...... Aww bless..

Still told them to fuck off and I would't be voting for him though.

Total respect to you...did u really use the F word? Excellent....

Oh, an african gentleman has just dropped a leaflet through the letterbox for McSharry the younger...nice to see that he has "supporters" from diverse ethnic backgrounds ; )

Its gonna take a major revolution to change the corrupt state that we are living in....

IMO they should start with ensuring that recruitment for each and every job is subject to independent ajudication/selection...there is virtually no meritocracy in Ireland....the blind, corrupt and incompetent end up leading the country...
    Had Declan Bree's crowd canvassing just there. Out in the rain with their brollies...... Aww bless..

Still told them to fuck off and I would't be voting for him though.

T

Oh, an african gentleman has just dropped a leaflet through the letterbox for McSharry the younger...nice to see that he has "supporters" from diverse ethnic backgrounds ; )

Saw that guy doing his rounds "canvassing" the easy way for HRH in the Oakfield Park estate around lunchtime today. Should've stopped him and asked a few questions about the cancer services. Damn!!

Advertisement