Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone for surfing?

Options
  • 18-02-2011 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All,

I'm new in Dublin and I took my surfboard from France. I'm looking for people for surfing with me, I did not really like surfing alone..

I have a small car but I can make one free place in it. If someone is interested to show me the actual good surf spot let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Id say just get talking to people on the beach before you go surfing. I find nearly all surfers are pretty friendly. You can start a conversation with them and become friends easily. 90% of the time I go out I end up talking with a random surfer.

Though you say you're from france so it might be somewhat difficult if your english isn't great. Especially with our irish accent haha.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 surfingstefan

hello guys. dont have a car so looking for surfers willing to share a car/petrol, otherwise we can rent one. im based in dublin, available 2 weekends a month. pls, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I agree, surfers are usually very friendly so you'll end up talking to someone on the beach for sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

dazftw wrote: »
    Id say just get talking to people on the beach before you go surfing. I find nearly all surfers are pretty friendly. You can start a conversation with them and become friends easily. 90% of the time I go out I end up talking with a random surfer.

Though you say you're from france so it might be somewhat difficult if your english isn't great. Especially with our irish accent haha.

a couple of months ago i decided to be a bit more social once i get to the beach (other than the odd nod while in the water) and made some nice friends with whom i've been surfing with-- i just send a txt to everybody and organize something with whoever is going; at the end of the day, you end up saving a few quid splitting petrol and you know you won't make a silent trip to the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Its funny one of the guys I surf with, is actually the guy I sold my 1st board to.. I bought one surfed a few times and quit cause I had no car.. Got a car and started again and met him out one day.. small world.

As you said you get numbers and just send texts day's its good and see whos around. Better/safer than going alone.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

another trick is to bring someone who has a driving license but doesn't surf-- you can rip the waves all you want and have someone drive you back home

Advertisement