Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Race Week House Rental

Options
  • 18-02-2011 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about getting out of Galway this year for race week and I am considering renting my house out for the duration. I know it's early days yet but if I go ahead with it I'd like to be prepared in terms of where to advertise etc. Has anyone on here had any experience of doing this? I suppose the main questions and issues are as follows:
    Would there be a demand?
    My house is on the west side of the city so would this be a big problem?
    Is my house very likely to get wrecked even with a deposit?
    How much could I realistically rent it for (3 double ensuite bedrooms)?
    Would it be worth the hassle?

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

I have done it and I know two people who do it every year. Best to advertise early and you should get people who wont wreck the joint. The houses I am talking about are in Newcastle rd and there was no issue with location

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've done it too and got a few older ladies that left the place cleaner than they found it, and it was very clean when we handed it over.

Imo you should not try to fleece them, just get rent covered and then some.
    If it's cheap in a good location you will get people.

You can advertise on daft.ie and in the Accommodation forum.
    Maybe a little something in your sig too.

Tips: ask them to bring own bed linen and towels.
    Stow away anything that you value just in case.
    Might want to let neighbours know.

Advertisement