Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voluntary agencies needing to be accredited?!

Options
  • 18-02-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi
    so I have been in contact with my agency for about a year and a half - my birth mother is in contact with another agency due to my older half sister been adopted so I recieved my medical info pretty much straight away but now things have stalled.
    I am dealing with SPG who have told me the process is very slow etc but they have yet to tell my half sister I even exist.
    Anyway I emailed the other day to ask about any development and I was told that all voluntary agencies are on hold due to a new act which was passed in November, so that now they are waiting to get accredited..

Does anyone have any info on how long this takes or what exactly it means etc..
    Thanks

Advertisement