Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What wood for shelving

• 18-02-2011 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

I want to put some shelving in the utility room and want to do a neat job What wood is best? Softwood? shelfboard? panel boad?

And what sort of brackets would be neatest, I have the L shaped ones in the shed but would hope to have something neater

I will buy the wood. Does anyone know if woodies would cut it to length? I am not very good at cutting straight, does not matter in shed but want a neat job here

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I know that Homebase do cuts, but they charge for some

What kind of look are you after? You can get a rail system where you put two rails on the wall vertically, and then sit brackets on the rails at whatever height you like....

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭scuby

why not get some old/new scaffolding planks....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

What kind of look are you after? You can get a rail system where you put two rails on the wall vertically, and then sit brackets on the rails at whatever height you like....
    just tidy look
    that rail system might do. link? you mean something like this
    Not that price tho:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

scuby wrote: »
    why not get some old/new scaffolding planks....
    in the house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

have a gander in ikea at the broder range of metal shelving

this stuff is fab IMO

• Advertisement
Advertisement