Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIANNA FAIL HOARDING BLOCKING VISION AT JUNCTION

Options
  • 18-02-2011 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

coming out of lifford heading to l/kenny, just at the cavan hill ballindrait crossroads there is a huge FF hoarding. turning right onto cavan hill it blocks a fair bit of the vision ahead.
    i wouldn't fancy coming out of the ballindrait road, i think you would see very little of the road to the left.

IF THERE ARE ANY FF PEOPLE READING THIS, PLEASE HAVE A LOOK AND MOVE IT A WEE BIT. i am not looking it away

ps. when are they going to be finished working on that bloody bridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Report it to the Council and ring Cllr Gerry Crawford about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭puffdragon

would you like to borrow a pair of snips??

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

puffdragon wrote: »
    would you like to borrow a pair of snips??
    Brings a new meaning to Bord Snip Nua! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Sure they'll have to have weeks of consultation, and form a board to discuss what to do about the ssign, costing the taxpayer millions in legal & consultants fees. They'll eventually assign an outsourced, UK company to take the sign down, at a huge cost.

In 6 months time there will be a Tribunal called by FG, which will run for 4 months, costing even more than the rigmarole to get the sign removed, wherein the details of who put the sign up, who decided on its location, who paid who to put it there, what developer was trying to hide his land from the passing traffic and finally why it took so long to have it removed.

Your 1 phone call could cost 10's of millions.

Just take it down yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Cronyism is rampant

Sure they'll have to have weeks of consultation, and form a board to discuss what to do about the ssign, costing the taxpayer millions in legal & consultants fees. They'll eventually assign an outsourced, UK company to take the sign down, at a huge cost.

In 6 months time there will be a Tribunal called by FG, which will run for 4 months, costing even more than the rigmarole to get the sign removed, wherein the details of who put the sign up, who decided on its location, who paid who to put it there, what developer was trying to hide his land from the passing traffic and finally why it took so long to have it removed.

You are permitted to remove them if they are a traffic hazard - please do so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭creaghadoos

would i have to attend said tribunal, because i started this.
    i could be disowned by my family, neighbours and the whole community in general, and have to move away and set up a consultancy firm (seems to be the done thing).

jesus, i am starting to panic, shouldn't have started this.

might just take it down and send them a big bill

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

would i have to attend said tribunal, because i started this.
    i could be disowned by my family, neighbours and the whole community in general, and have to move away and set up a consultancy firm (seems to be the done thing).

jesus, i am starting to panic, shouldn't have started this.

might just take it down and send them a big bill

You would probably have to attend - as a witness.

You'll get a day off work (paid) and a free lunch, so it might be worth it.

Fianna Fail have denied all responsibility for this sign, in a statment earlier the now leader of Fianna Fail said, " I have absolutely no knowlwdge of the manufacture or erection of this sign and indeed I believe I was out of the country when it was produced" he went on to say " I believe however that the sign ,whoever made it is indeed a good one and was manufactured on the advice of governor general of sign-makers and although I would deny all knowlwdge of the said sign I would agree with the general thrust of its intent"

black marker.......beard, moustache, and glasses.

gerry adams on an FF sign

Can someone post up a pic of it please?

• Advertisement

THIS SIGN HAS BEEN MOVED BACK

anyone who has a good point to put across, put it on boards, cause they are obviously watching us

anyone who has a good point to put across, put it on boards, cause they are obviously watching us

Please, ! dont tempt me.

The Donegal News weren't claiming that they had received complaints about it?

Its not unusual for them to quote posts from here and then claim that they were contacted directly.

We have a certain following by people who work there. Isn't that right donegalboy? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

muffler wrote: »
    The Donegal News weren't claiming that they had received complaints about it?

Its not unusual for them to quote posts from here and then claim that they were contacted directly.

We have a certain following by people who work there. Isn't that right donegalboy? ;)

Reminds me of "callers" to their office RE the station roundabout road linings, which had said word for word what mcmac and a few others had said on here.

Nice to get a result though Creaghadoos:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

wait what? this was in Donegal news?

umm

HEY MA!!!!

Advertisement