Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC HD 2 or wait for iPhone 5

Options
  • 18-02-2011 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hello all,

I have been reading up the forums there on the mobiles. I finally got my upgrade. Just wondering has anyone any more updates regarding their phones they wish to share, to help me make up my mind. If the following mobiles were put down on the table in front of you and asked to pick one for free, what would you pick and why:
    1. HTC HD 2
    2. iPhone 4
    3. iPhone 5 (coming this summer)
    4. Nokia N8

now i have to admit i do like my gadgets and toys, like i said just interested in any updates of pros or cons on any of these phones. main thing i supose is good reception and email, wouldnt be into music as such but would be nice to have it and the camera, as lond as it takes a picture that i can send via text or email that the other person can make out i would be happy.

any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

No one knows what iPhone5 will bring. A redesigned antenna is likely but features like 3D screens are unlikely. I think it might be a relatively modest update, I think we will know more when the iPad II is revealed.

I would say hold tough, if you think you are interested in iPhone. If you are wanting a HTC handset or other android device have a look at what is coming. Te new Samsung Galaxy S II has a large screen and looks to be a bit less hefty than the HD2, which is pretty old by now and runs clunky old windows mobile software, the reviews are not great. The Desire HD Is a better android choice and the new HD7 running new windows phone has had some good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

HD2 is a really good phone. It's not stuck on clunky old hardware at all. If you have basic knowledge on PC's then it's possible to run Android, Windows Phone 7, Ubuntu and WinMo. The Desire HD and HD7 are basically the HD2 but running their respective OS. It has a great devolpment community so you'll always find something else to try out on it. I have the phone, so I may be a little biased but I don't really have any flaws. Well other than me cracking the screen. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭oldhead

bd250110 wrote: »
    No one knows what iPhone5 will bring. A redesigned antenna is likely but features like 3D screens are unlikely. I think it might be a relatively modest update, I think we will know more when the iPad II is revealed.

I would say hold tough, if you think you are interested in iPhone. If you are wanting a HTC handset or other android device have a look at what is coming. Te new Samsung Galaxy S II has a large screen and looks to be a bit less hefty than the HD2, which is pretty old by now and runs clunky old windows mobile software, the reviews are not great. The Desire HD Is a better android choice and the new HD7 running new windows phone has had some good reviews.

Cheers, its a tough one

LukeS_ wrote: »
    HD2 is a really good phone. It's not stuck on clunky old hardware at all. If you have basic knowledge on PC's then it's possible to run Android, Windows Phone 7, Ubuntu and WinMo. The Desire HD and HD7 are basically the HD2 but running their respective OS. It has a great devolpment community so you'll always find something else to try out on it. I have the phone, so I may be a little biased but I don't really have any flaws. Well other than me cracking the screen. :p

Did you ever have the iPhone or how do you think it compares

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Well hd2 is a hobby. You just don't flash it and leave it. To me it was a constant work to try new roms new os and new updates. And sometimes I got tired. Where the iPhone can't achieve these things cause its so limited even with jailbreak. If you like gadgets and messing around with your gadgets hd2 is more obvious. You can make it more personal. As your limited on iPhone again.

Though if you just want to set up the phone and go out of the box and just play the odd game or so I think iPhone is better. I had the hd2 but figured out I would give the customizing and messing away for hd7 :)it is an amazing phone. Just needs alot of attention sometimes.

• Advertisement

Give up customizing*

Well hd2 is a hobby. You just don't flash it and leave it. To me it was a constant work to try new roms new os and new updates. And sometimes I got tired. Where the iPhone can't achieve these things cause its so limited even with jailbreak. If you like gadgets and messing around with your gadgets hd2 is more obvious. You can make it more personal. As your limited on iPhone again.

Though if you just want to set up the phone and go out of the box and just play the odd game or so I think iPhone is better. I had the hd2 but figured out I would give the customizing and messing away for hd7 :)it is an amazing phone. Just needs alot of attention sometimes.

the hd7 looks very good alright. wouldnt say no to one of them now. i would say they are a costly bit of kit

I got mine for 350 on adverts.ie brand new and SIM free :) considering I sold my hd2 for 280 the difference wasn't massive to get a new phone.

main reason why I switched though cause games on wp7 ran alot smoother on wp7 than on android. Alot of HD games from gameloft on android on hd2 used to freeze a bit without overclocking the phone. The. I tried the same game on wp7 and it ran perfect .

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

I've had a 3GS before. :)

TBH, this sums it up completly in every way. You always feel like there's just something quite not there, never feels complete and just how a phone should feel. Sounds weird, but that's how I feel.

Go for whatever suits you. :)

Advertisement