Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any PsyTrance Nights in Dublin?

• 18-02-2011 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Does anybody know of any clubs in Dublin that put on Psytrance or Full on Morning Trance gigs?

I went to a few Neutronyx nights in Radiocity a few years back, do Neutronyx still put on nights there? I can't be listening to the ****e that passes for dance music nowadays and would love to check out a club that plays uplifting full-on psytrance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I'm sure i got some email which i deleted (i only glanced at it) saying there there is an upcoming psy trance night in ALT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

There of a rare quantity alright. If your around for it, life festival always has a neutronyx tent, they also did an "after-life" club night a few months after, which was the last bit of psytrance I heard of going on in dublin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭EvolutionNights

There are a few nights coming up in the next couple of months.
    This: http://www.goatrance.de/goabase/party/details/58186
    plus there is a party happening this Friday in Melody Bar on Capel Street with the last DJ playing GoaPsy - link: http://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=397e19ad238cfb251013c8fc26d2cf85&#!/event.php?eid=189920197706605

LIFE festival are doing their annual pre-LIFE party in town on April 1st. No venue info yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Stu

Thanks for the replys lads. Yeah, Life festival is on my radar. I'll be checking out the upcoming event in the Vaults as well.

Below is an example of the sort of music i'm talking about. No DJ i know of plays this stuff and i can't understand why especially when you hear some of the tripe that get played in clubs nowadays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

yeah look out for "pt connection" and "tribal movement"...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Stu wrote: »
    Below is an example of the sort of music i'm talking about. No DJ i know of plays this stuff ...

There's a very good reason why that's not played much.

The Commander, get a grip on yourself :rolleyes:. Name 1 club in Dublin that plays decent Electronic Dance Music nowadays. Headfunk in Dundalk and occassionally, the Vaults have good nights on and i've been to a couple of good gigs in Twisted Pepper but other than this, there is sweet F.A happening on the Dance Scene.

Maybe you might enlighten me to something that i might be missing rather than criticising the above music i posted which is fresh, innovative and uplifting.

Speaking of the above music, Talamasca (a well known french Psytrance producer) is playing at The Vaults on March 4th for anyone who's iinterested. I'm a big fan of Talamasca and am really looking forward to a dance event for the first time in a few months. Bring it on :).

Name 1 club in Dublin that plays decent Electronic Dance Music nowadays. Headfunk in Dundalk and occassionally, the Vaults have good nights on and i've been to a couple of good gigs in Twisted Pepper

You just answered your own question. Plenty of good music going on without having to resort to psytrance.

Commander, are you telling me that the dance scene in Dublin is alive and well. I don't think so. I can count on 1 hand the amount of dance events that were half decent in the last 12 months in Dublin unless your into places like Tripod (no thanks). I grew up in the 90's so i remember when there 6 or more decent clubs to go to on the weekend playing "Proper Dance Music", not the stuff you'll hear being played today.

Headfunk in Dundalk has a regular line-up of Oldskool and Newskool DJs every weekend but it aint in Dublin and its Mick Walsh, who i lived down the road from in Finglas who got that place up and running.

Anyway, each to their own but i got enough info on this thread so far to at least have a stab at checking out some nights that might be worth the entrance fee.

I can count on 1 hand the amount of dance events that were half decent in the last 12 months in Dublin unless your into places like Tripod (no thanks).

Tripod is a venue. They can have everything from 80's cover bands to techno. There were a few psytrance nights there a few year back aswell, so to dismiss it because you dont like the place is just ignorant.

• Advertisement

I wasn't dismissing the venue (tripod). I was dismissing the dance music policy they have. The venue is decent but the best they can come up with in the next 2 months is "laurent Garnier" and no doubt tickets will be ridiculously expensive because hes a name on the scene.

Tripod tries to appeal to a broad range of people with its music policy and thats fine but its not what i'm looking for in terms of the music they play and the scandalous rip off prices they charge for tickets and alcohol once inside the venue. Theres plenty of plastic ravers out there who fill that place up on the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NatashaMcD

Hey Stu,

My husband and I are new to the Dublin Scene as well (Canadian Expats). We agree, the psytrance scene is definitely lacking ... Only a few parties have passed and we unfortunately just missed them!

If you get wind of any happening in the future, do you mind sending me the info? I will do the same.

Cheers,
    N

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

D I can't be listening to the ****e that passes for dance music nowadays and would love to check out a club that plays uplifting full-on psytrance.
    This is the greatest sentence I've ever seen on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MrChavcore

You just answered your own question. Plenty of good music going on without having to resort to psytrance.

psytrance is probably the most technical and challenging form of electronic music out there. the dublin scene is non exsistant. i miss the summer psytrance season back in cape town, its massive over there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 skelethal

I've had some great psy nights in Dublin over the last few months - but if I had my way they'd be on twice a weekend, rather than just once in a while! Definitely agree the scene needs to be bigger here - however, when the parties are on they're awesome! :)

Big night coming up on the 20th Jan in the Button Factory by Neutronyx. https://www.facebook.com/events/361821430500945/
    Two other nights on the 27th Jan and 30th of March by Sól.
    Hux Flux from Sweden are coming over on March 23rd for PT Connection.
    There are a few more parties in the pipeline that have yet to sort out venues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

MrChavcore wrote: »
    psytrance is probably the most technical and challenging form of electronic music out there. the dublin scene is non exsistant. i miss the summer psytrance season back in cape town, its massive over there.

No offence (and your reference to Cape Town makes me think I know you personally, so even less offence intended) but that's absolute bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 MrChavcore

No offence (and your reference to Cape Town makes me think I know you personally, so even less offence intended) but that's absolute bollocks

its hard to know what u mean by bollox when u don't elaborate on what u mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 cissymalfoy

Hej hej all!!

I know this thread started ages ago, but Im curious if anyone knows anything coming up over the Summer?

I had heard from a Neutronyx rep that because of all the crazy festivals going on over the Summer, the scene will be kinda quiet, BUT, I was wondering if anyone knew of anything coming up? I read somewhere about a party on the 28th of July, but I'll be at Boom festival in Portugal, trancing and dancing under the August Full Moon.

Is there anything on before or after? Is it that the scene has gone underground? Or is it just that there aren't enough people to make it a worthwhile regular scene?

Any help peeps would be AMAZING!! Im desperate for some psy in my hometown!!

Love and light,
    xxx

The summer is generally quiet because of the European festival season but there are a few parties still going on. Some are in production but the latest one is this: https://www.facebook.com/events/382785041786523/

There are still a good few underground parties going on but I'm hardly gonna post them here. PM me if you want some links to the organisers of these parties.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 cissymalfoy

@EvolutionNights: Thanks so much for your reply. That party (linked) seems awesome!! Im pretty certain I've seen Shane Gobi and Sonic Species before at either Boom or Ozora, maybe both!! hahahaha 8) Its a shame though, as I'll still be in Portugal, after Boom... Grrr

Im definitely gonna PM you for those other links, of course you wouldn't post them here. Thanks again for your reply - you've helped me big time!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 carefulnowww

Don't wanna piss on anyones chips but psy trance is an abomination. Remember once a friend of mine in Europe suggested a rave. No sweat says I. 3 Trains later, in the middle of nowhere with day glo ****ing everything and no drink or drugs at said Rave.

The music, the dreadlocks, the absolute awfulness of it all Christ alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Hatred

Don't wanna piss on anyones chips but psy trance is an abomination. Remember once a friend of mine in Europe suggested a rave. No sweat says I. 3 Trains later, in the middle of nowhere with day glo ****ing everything and no drink or drugs at said Rave.

Sounds like it was your fault for not bringing your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭DISCOTEKKEN

The music, the dreadlocks, the absolute awfulness of it all Christ alive.

:D:D:D

Advertisement