Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Much Scope For A .22LR ?

Options
  • 18-02-2011 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Lads, I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15X50 scope spare and am thinking of putting it on my Anschutz .22LR Semi-Auto.
    I know I'd need high mounts for it because of the 50mm but do ye think this big scope is too much for a .22LR ?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

vixdname wrote: »
    Lads, I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15X50 scope spare and am thinking of putting it on my Anschutz .22LR Semi-Auto.
    I know I'd need high mounts for it because of the 50mm but do ye think this big scope is too much for a .22LR ?:confused:

AT the big end of scopes for a 22lr but not over doing it IMO.
    Sure if you' have got it use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

I don't see what would be wrong with it tbh. I have seen a ?-24x 50 on a .22 before

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

if you were buying a scope ild say it was overdoing it, but when you alrady have the scope i say use it. fair enough its way higher spec than usually used on a .22 but better that than using a scope that isnt spec enough

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jmcp

Stick it on man, I have a 6x24 x50 on a anschutz 22lr and it's great, though i don't use 24 too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

This is over doing it, my first scope for the CZ style 22lr.
    Nikko Nighteater 8-32x60mm AG IR but it did shoot well with it on.

CZStyle22lrsideon.jpg

I now use the Bushnell 3200 elite 10x40mm tactical, here shown on the style
    CZStylewithnewstock2.jpg

I have the CZ varmint now and still have that 10x40mm scope on it.
    CZvarmint2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

perfect scope for a .22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

If you decide to shoot some galleryrifle you'll be glad of it - you'll be able to tell if you have a 10 or an X at 50m and adjust

Anschutz semi with that scope on it would be ideal

B'Man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭landkeeper

no go for it i have a leupold 8.5-25x50 on a .17 shot placement is everything with a small calibre :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

I went to 2 RFDs today and neither of them had high 1'' mounts for the scope, will have to wait til during the week before they're in stock - will post a pic when I get it stuck on.
    Thanks for all the opinions lads !

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I sincerely doubt you'd require more than medium height mounts. I might have a set of Richter Optik 1" mounts around. They fit my Anschutz dovetail. They're very high with a 42mm objective but might be okay with a 50mm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭vixdname

I sincerely doubt you'd require more than medium height mounts. I might have a set of Richter Optik 1" mounts around. They fit my Anschutz dovetail. They're very high with a 42mm objective but might be okay with a 50mm.

Dunno, I was with <snip> earlier and he reckoned I'd need "Extra High" mounts. John O'Brien tried medium mounts today aswell but the scope would be placed too far forward on the rifle to use comfortably. He reckoned "High" mounts were in order ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

where abouts are you from, i have a set of 1 inch high mounts for an 11mm dovetail lying around gathering dust if you want them,

Advertisement