Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ableton exporting problem - compressor not kicking in?

Options
  • 18-02-2011 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

Just bounced out a track, and noticed a problem which I had with the last track I exported too.

The first kick hit is way louder than the rest, as if the compressor doesn't start working when it should, it's a little late. There's the same problem when the bass comes in, it's distorted for a second or two and then sorts itself out.

The track sounds fine when playing back in Ableton, these problems only come out after exporting.

Anyone have experience with this?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Where are you putting the compressor?

In Ableton - try freezing the track with the compression before you do that mixdown (when it's frozen all the effects processing has been done). Then listen to it. if it's doing the same thing adjust the attack and release of the compressor - or whatever you need to do.

It's sounds like Ableton is just dropping some of the processing that's getting done at the mixdown.

I don't think the compressors ever work perfectly on time. I don't think they're that great either. Have you thought of turning your kick track into a sound file without compression - then tweaking it's volume to make it louder or quiter. If you're orignal kick sample is good - compression is just going to needlessly f with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Bounce the ones your having problems with to audio with the compressor on them.then splice a loop where everything is okay and put that as the begining of the bassline
    Compressors will take a split second to react to the signal so the initial hit of the kick might poke through.

Definetly export the kick with the compressor on it as a new audio file and replace the existing kick track with it,same for the bass

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Kenny DNK

I had hassle like that before... "render as loop" seemed to fix it.. working fine now..

Advertisement