Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel for Family near Galway??

Options
  • 18-02-2011 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi guys I plan to bring the family 2 adults 4 kids ages 10,8,6,and 4 to the West at the end of August begining of September and am looking for a hotel within an hours drive of Galway city:)it needs to be pretty decent as I dont want to slum it with the kids:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭pete_mcs

Station house in Clifden is a lovely hotel, kids would love the activities in the area such as the seaside, conemara national park etc. Might be a little further than the 1 hour from the city though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭johnnyb1

Thanks Pete that sounds good I will check it out:)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

Raheen Woods, Athenry

Oranmore lodge

Connemarra coast hotel

Claregalway hotel

all within 25mins from Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

johnnyb1 wrote: »
    Hi guys I plan to bring the family 2 adults 4 kids ages 10,8,6,and 4 to the West at the end of August begining of September and am looking for a hotel within an hours drive of Galway city:)it needs to be pretty decent as I dont want to slum it with the kids:D

How long do you plan to stay? If its just a couple of days, then The Maldron in Oranmore is well suited for the kids with a leisure centre, a cinema and play centre next door and you're a 15 minute drive from Galway city.
    There are nicer hotels around, maybe www.tripadviser.co.uk will give you more ideas or even booking an apartment adjacent to an hotel would be better like The Menlo. I know there are others, but can't think of them off hand. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dubbie82

The Shannon Oaks Hotel in Portumna is good for families. The have a Pool and kids activities etc.
    There is plenty to see and do around the area and I think they even had pony rides for the kiddies there last summer from time to time. The food is decent too. I think they also have self catering bungalows on the Hotel grounds too. It's less than an hours drive away Galway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement