Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Argos] MSI Wind U135 Windows XP 7Hour Netbook [Was: €299.99] [Now: €179.99]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

cal_chi wrote: »
    Actually scrap the bit about it having gone up by €50, it's actually gone up by €70 to €249/99 in the south :mad::mad: - it's too early in the morning for my brain to do simple maths. So, if I do end up getting any of them, it'll definitely be the one in Newry for £179.99 which works out at about €212.

They honour the price you reserved it at,unless that policy has changed within the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 throwingmusic

I rang Nutgrove this morning (where mine's reserved till end of today) and they said they will honour yesterday's price :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭brozio7

Just got a white one in Galway, reserved it last night, got it for 179 but it was coming up 250 on the till.

They had to get a manager to over-ride the price and I had to show them the confirmation email on my phone to prove I reserved it at 179.
    It might be worthwhile to bring a print out of the email at the lower price when collecting.

Very nice little netbook and a great price:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mtkenne2

anyone else got one in dublin they are not taking? at the old price?wud love it for a confo present................heres hoping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

mtkenne2 wrote: »
    anyone else got one in dublin they are not taking? at the old price?wud love it for a confo present................heres hoping

PM'ed you reservation no. in Omni runs out tonight. It's a Pink one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dublin_viking

Am interested in one of these any colour if theres a spare booking available anywhere in Dublin at the 179 price.

Thanks

DV:)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

I have a pink one reserved in Dundalk if anyone wants it. Reserved it last night, so they should honour the €149.99 price (I just picked up the white one in Newry and they honoured the price I had reserved it at, though it had gone up by £30 since last night). Nice bit of kit. PM me if anyone wants the pink one in Dundalk - available til 6.30pm this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

cal_chi wrote: »
    I have a pink one reserved in Dundalk if anyone wants it. Reserved it last night, so they should honour the €149.99 price (I just picked up the white one in Newry and they honoured the price I had reserved it at, though it had gone up by £30 since last night). Nice bit of kit. PM me if anyone wants the pink one in Dundalk - available til 6.30pm this evening.

Oops, that should read €179.99-it was UK£149.99. :o What can I say - it's been a long day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 NickSW

Hi guys,

I was one of the lucky ones that managed to get a white one of these before they became near impossible to find!

I do have a quick question and maybe someone might be able to help me out with it! I bought some extra RAM to bump it upto 2GB, I found on a site that the RAM to get for the netbook was DDR2 667MHz (PC2-5300) 200-PIN SODIMM, however upon opening it up, it clearly is not the right kind of memory, and I have now seen some places say it is DDR3 RAM is uses?

If anyone knows what the netbook takes it would be very much appriciated!

Thanks!

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Each memory slot can hold DDR2 PC2-6400, DDR2 PC2-5300 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*

Taken from

http://www.crucial.com/eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

Here is an example of a compatible module

http://www.crucial.com/eu/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=4B817AA5A5CA7304

The module you have is the same spec so that's odd that it won't fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭NewHillel

Its DDR3 RAM, not DDR2.

The Netbook works pretty OK with 1GB and installing extra memory invalidates the warranty.

Oh, and you can only fit an extra 1GB, even though the Crucial site gives a 2GB option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Upgrading ram does NOT invalidate the warranty.
    It is covered under a 3 YEAR EU warranty.
    NewHillel wrote: »
    Its DDR3 RAM, not DDR2.

The Netbook works pretty OK with 1GB and installing extra memory invalidates the warranty.

Oh, and you can only fit an extra 1GB, even though the Crucial site gives a 2GB option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

It is covered under a 3 YEAR EU warranty.

I'd double check that.

Alot of netbook brands and types have slighty different ToU and Warranties, were upgrading does infact void the warranty.

So worth double checking to be sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭babo9

How much better is this than the U130 for the same price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 throwingmusic

ims wrote: »

Looks like these are back down to €199.99 only €20 than original post, so not bad. Availability useless still though - one pink one in stock in Nutgrove though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I see one white one available to reserve in Castlebar this minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

babo9 wrote: »

It's not better in any way

4hr Bat N450 CPU & DDRII RAM

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

2 Pink left in Galway @ €199.99 as of now.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

I'm sure that this is news to MSI. :)

(To add an additional RAM module, the bottom casing has to be removed.
    To remove the casing a sticker, clearly marked as "Warranty Void If Removed", has to be removed.)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I have a white U130 reserved at E199 in Galway until 7 tomorrow if anyone wants it, pm me...

babo9 wrote: »
    The product is incorrectly described as a MSI Wind U135. What Argos actually have is the U135DX. This is substantially better than the U130. Differences include: Faster memory (DDR3 vs DDR2), 6 cell 7 hour battery and a better keyboard. It is extremely good value, a bargain even.

And the processor in the 130 is a N450 Vs a N455 in the 135DX :p

-

And the processor in the 130 is a N450 Vs a N455 in the 135DX :p
    -
    and the touchpad has been made 20 percent wider for greater comfort and ease of use. :p:p

Not to mention the fact that the U135DX has 'N' wireless even though Argos don't state that :p:p:p

-

Not to mention the fact that the U135DX has 'N' wireless even though Argos don't state that :p:p:p
    -
    The bottom line here is that this is a neat little unit, especially for lightweight work, where a long battery life is important. Snap it up, if you can. /bye

Advertisement