Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1Mb max with Vodafone (and others), can't get UPC. What choices do I have?

• 18-02-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭

Well? 1Mb is just not enough, but we also need a large (relatively, so 50GB+) and decent latency. Do we have any choices?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Well? 1Mb is just not enough, but we also need a large (relatively, so 50GB+) and decent latency. Do we have any choices?

Not a lot really. If you're in an area which can only get 1mb broadband, then I'm assuming you're in the countryside somewhere. in which case, theres not many options. In fact, if you can't get cable, the only other alternatives would be fixed wireless BB or mobile midband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Damn :(

Hmm, considering Digiweb Metro now. If it's available in my area it would definitely be worth it. Very little reports of bad latency and it would certainly be faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

stick your address in to bonkers.ie

Yeah Digiweb seems best then. It says I can get UPC but I know for a fact that I can't (main village can though, but it's about 1km away).

• Advertisement

Damn, definitely need line of sight to the mast and I don't even know if the mast has the right equipment for Digiweb Metro :(

Might be waiting a few months until UPC (hopefully) arrives in my area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

stick your address in to bonkers.ie

That's very handy. Thanks.

Now that I think about it I'm not sure if we have LOS to the mast or not, hopefully we do.

Yay, we have line of sight(just)! I just hope the equipment is installed on the mast.

Advertisement