Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Installation - No Show

• 18-02-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience to mine with sky and how the got it resolved?

I booked two weeks ago for an engineer to call today to upgrade my 10 year old basic sky digibox to a sky plus hd box.

At 5.10pm this evening with no contact from anyone and no sky installer appearing, I phoned sky on the 0818 number and spoke to a girl in scotland. She said that she could see on the system my install was scheduled for between 4pm and 6pm today and put me on hold while she contacted the installers to get an exact time.
    She came back and said the installer had got delayed and would be with me in about 45 minutes, approx 6pm. she also said he had tried to phone my mobile on a number of occasions throughout out the day but my mobile was 'dead'. This wasn't the case I told her as I had numerous calls throughout the day from various people and had no trouble with my phone.

Needless to say, no one turned up at 6pm, so I waited until 6.45pm and phoned sky again.
    They told me that they had phoned me and left a voicemail on my mobile to let me know that the installer would not now be calling to me as it had gotten too late.
    I told her that was impossible as I don't have voicemail set up on my phone ( doubting myself, i later checked, and no voicemail).

She then went on to say that all she could do was put me back to the start of the queue again for an install and I would possibly get it in about two weeks time!! I told her this was unacceptable and that i wanted to speak to someone who could help me as she obviously didnt have the authority and asked for the call to be escalated to a supervisor - she then told me she was the complaints department also, but backtracked after a few suprised questions from me.
    Eventually she agreed to give me the name of a manager, but said i couldnt speak to this manager as she was 'in a meeting'. I requested a call back from the manager after her meeting - didnt think I would get one - but I actually did get a call from her an hour later - she changed the earlier story, by saying the previous girl 'thought, a voice mail had been left, but they couldnt get through to leave one' - she was however of no help either as she said the same regarding re-scheduling my install - it would be two weeks minimum!!

I am totally lost as to what to do, they actually don't seem to give a damn, It's not my fault the engineer didnt turn up - but they are penalising me by putting me to the back of the queue again!!

Sorry if I seemed to go on a little, just very fed up right now and looking for anyone with advice who maybe had a similar situation and info on how the managed to get it sorted out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Tell them you want to cancel the entire subscription because of the way you have been treated and you may well find you get a much earlier date offered.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Thanks Tony, I tried that alright, but the cancellation department - although sympathetic have now told me that they can offer me six months half price sky - but they dont have any dealings with the intalll department and gave me a number for the complaints department to try them instead.

Complaints department have said they cant contact the intallers as its out of hours now - and have told me the 'system' for scheduling installation dates cannot be edited and that I am very likely to be looking at starting from the back of the queue and facing a minimu two week wait for re-scheduling my install. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Goto an independant installer for the upgrade and u will get an install within 2-3 working days and probably will get a better install done too...

Sky were supplying the box and the install - I wouldn't have a box to get an independent installer to fit though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

The independent can supply the box

iPhone. wrote: »
    Sky were supplying the box and the install - I wouldn't have a box to get an independent installer to fit though.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement

Cheers again Tony, I didn't realise that..... any idea of the cost of getting it installed by going about it that way and how to go about it that way also?..... like do I have to contact sky and tell them or do i just contact the independent installer and deal with him..... just with the way sky are going on so far I don't have much faith in them, but don't want to make things any more complicated or give them an 'out' or way to blame me for this mess and end up having to pay for the cost of what I was told I would be getting today free gratis from sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Cancel the upgrade with sky and checkout local paper, or Yellowpages to find an installer in your area, most will do sky install's. Or alternatively post where you are located alot of indepentant installers like myself post here...

The cost for an upgrade is the same price as given by sky..

€159 for existing customer's who want to just upgrade to Sky+

OR

€30 if you take the Sky Hd package
    However this will increase your monthly subscription by €15 per month.

Advertisement