Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kings head

Options
  • 18-02-2011 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

hello
    i was wondering can anyone tell me if there is any dress code for the kings head pub in Galway.a few of us are going down tomorrow night and were thinking of going there, mainly the problem is can you wear runners or do you have to wear shoes?
    Also if anyone can recommend anywhere else to go we would be grateful!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I've been in there with runners on but that was a while ago.
    If you look otherwise presentable I don't think they'll mind*

*don't quote me on that :)

Or just wear shoes. Like the old ad: "look at your shoes, the girls do..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 FGK

thanks for repling biko.
    anywhere else you would recommend to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

They wouldn't let my friend in before for wearing trainers, so wear shoes if you wanna get in ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Been there hundreds of times wearing trainers, chances are they just didn't like the look of your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭xo.mary

Anytime I've been in there (and always wearing runners), it's mostly full of tourists in hoodies, jeans and runners, so I don't think there is a dress code.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Croppy Bhoy

Only ever been in there a couple of times (much better places to go IMO) but always wearing runners. As with anywhere, these policies are usually arbitrarily enforcd by bouncers. If you get turned away for not wearing shoes and came back wearing a pair, you'd be given a different excuse. Just go somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I always get in wearing runners but I normally have a nice shirt and a good pair of jeans on. If you look pissed you won't get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Always wear trainers myself and have never been turned away from their, think they only would use that excuse if you were too drunk or if you looked a bit dodgy

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

Mactard wrote: »
    Been there hundreds of times wearing trainers, chances are they just didn't like the look of your friend

Yeah cant blame them really. I dont like the look of him at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

FGK wrote: »
    thanks for repling biko.
    anywhere else you would recommend to go?
    For good craic 18-24 where they don't mind trainers (I'm fairly sure) I suggest Hole in the Wall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

biko wrote: »
    For good craic 18-24 where they don't mind trainers (I'm fairly sure) I suggest Hole in the Wall

My brother got kicked out of there and he was dressed pretty neatly.

Apparently it's frowned upon for a man to take a piss in the washbasin in the ladies loo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

galwayrush wrote: »
    My brother got kicked out of there and he was dressed pretty neatly.

Apparently it's frowned upon for a man to take a piss in the washbasin in the ladies loo...

I thought that was pretty much par for the course in there, he made it into a bathroom, which is more than can be said for many customers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭loopyloulilly

No No not the Hole in the Wall. Its a dive!! Go to Kirbys, Townhouse, the quay the front door brilliant places and are also decent places.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,968 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I think Biko's suggestion is an excellent way to get the sort of folks who wear trainers to the pub (ffs!!!) to go to an appropriate location, whist leaving the pubs-for-adults to the rest of us.

I'm not a flash dresser. But even I'd never stoop so low as to treat the pub like a gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I often wear runners out and I've never been turned away from anywhere because of it. So long as you don't look scummy I doubt you'll have a problem.

Don't see what's wrong with wearing runners out, they're comfortable and easy to dance in. A lot better than girls wearing pointy heels and crushing your toes when they're falling about the place on the dancefloor. Of course I don't mean ratty gym runners though, nice ones like 6.0's or Converse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

JustMary wrote: »
    I think Biko's suggestion is an excellent way to get the sort of folks who wear trainers to the pub (ffs!!!) to go to an appropriate location, whist leaving the pubs-for-adults to the rest of us.

I'm not a flash dresser. But even I'd never stoop so low as to treat the pub like a gym.

Yes grandma, because runners are obviously only for running in and nothing else

Advertisement