Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heitons closed, Aldi opening???

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭babaduck

Aldi definitely going in beside Power City on the Boghall Road - my husband works next door. They're delighted because it will bring more retail footfall to the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    I am assuming its Aldi, it could be a different retailer. Normally there is an opening soon sign by Aldi and I have not seen one yet.
    Theres a sign there now, Aldi opening soon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

The back of the current Aldi flier announces that "Aldi is coming to Bray. Store opens Thursday 21st June"

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Macy0161 wrote: »
    The back of the current Aldi flier announces that "Aldi is coming to Bray. Store opens Thursday 21st June"

I live beside it and have watched the site transform from waste ground. They have done a smashing job.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

It does improve the look of the place alright, pity the architect chose that spot right at the front for the big transformer/junction box thing, why not put it at the back?

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    It does improve the look of the place alright, pity the architect chose that spot right at the front for the big transformer/junction box thing, why not put it at the back?

That has always been there. It was run down and covered in graffiti. Aldi have cleaned that up nicely.

So long peace and quite and fresh air on the Boghall Road :(

Looks like Ill be moving house if the stink of exhaust fumes out there this evening is anything to go by, cant open my windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I deliberately didn't go down there today, these kinds of places are always mega busy when they first open, but it'll settle down after a while I'm sure. I'll be sure to give you a wave as I drive by :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Looks like Ill be moving house if the stink of exhaust fumes out there this evening is anything to go by, cant open my windows.

Its probably only today.
    My wife wanted to go there today and we had to queue to get car parking, the queues inside were isle long, madness! But I'm sure that was just opening curiousity
    On the way back home we popped into Lidl on the other side of Bray and the place was deserted, it was great :D

Give it a week or so Thargor, I'm sure today (and probably until Sunday) will be the worst of it.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Thats what I'm hoping for aswell, it to go as deserted as Lidl, cant believe Lidl when I go in most times these days, its very quite. I wish it was a Lidl up here and an Aldi down there instead, love that bakery, Aldis baked products are pure muck.

• Advertisement

All the fuss will die down. I find Aldi have some great products but will still go to Lidl for others and Tescos etc. Its good to have the choice in Bray now.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bdeithrick

That sub station has been there for years when world print was in it. So lack on observation there And ESB networks aint going to recable their network. Look at porterhouse with wavecrest on it

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bdeithrick

Aldi are robbers , check your receipts ,

I knew there was something wrong with the price. I checked receipt when I got home.
    They scanned one Guinness 4 pack and tap out 3 more so €5.67 turned into €22.68.
    I paid for 18 cans.
    I'll be back in the morning 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

bdeithrick wrote: »

I knew there was something wrong with the price. I checked receipt when I got home.
    They scanned one Guinness 4 pack and tap out 3 more so €5.67 turned into €22.68.
    I paid for 18 cans.
    New shop. I guess new staff member. The checkout person scanned the 4 pack and not realising that included all the cans they input 3 more to make it 4. I'd imagine an innocent mistakes. I wouldn't call them robbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Looks like an easy mistake to make, afterall, you didn't notice the extra €17 on the bill at the checkout either :eek:

I paid for 18 cans.

I had the very same thing in Lidl. I went back the next day and got a refund no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Anyone been in the last few days?, weekly shop coming up and after last weeks experience I'm not too keen on a repeat performance.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Supercell wrote: »
    Anyone been in the last few days?, weekly shop coming up and after last weeks experience I'm not too keen on a repeat performance.

Just passed their doors. Car park packed. Tesco and Lidl are great these days as no one is in them :D

Aldi seems to have calmed down a bit now and I'm starting to love being able to run across the road and back in 2 minutes for milk/bread/eggs etc for about 2/3 Tesco prices, some serious bargains in there. Id say they're cheaper than Lidl, always thought they were the same. Im saving a fortune anyway, eating better for half the money.

Full Made In Ireland carvery dinners for €4 with decent portions that are really nice if you heat them in the oven if you're feeling a bit lazy aswell, could see myself eating them every weekend from now on.

Holy crap thats across the road from my house, that would have been a fecking nightmare, would have had to move.

When are Lidl and Aldi supposed to open anyway? Is there an actual date yet?
    Id love an Aldi or Lidl around the place, just not in my backyard :D
    Its not that there will be traffic jams, I don't have a car, its just there'll be crowds of people going past my house now, literally hundreds a day and their cars from 8am-8pm plus the delivery lorries (all night apparently). The guy around here who blocked it last time is supposed to be very good at it though and he has deep pockets so heres hoping.

Thats what I'm hoping for aswell, it to go as deserted as Lidl, cant believe Lidl when I go in most times these days, its very quite. I wish it was a Lidl up here and an Aldi down there instead, love that bakery, Aldis baked products are pure muck.
    Aldi seems to have calmed down a bit now and I'm starting to love being able to run across the road and back in 2 minutes for milk/bread/eggs etc for about 2/3 Tesco prices, some serious bargains in there. Id say they're cheaper than Lidl, always thought they were the same. Im saving a fortune anyway, eating better for half the money.

Full Made In Ireland carvery dinners for €4 with decent portions that are really nice if you heat them in the oven if you're feeling a bit lazy aswell, could see myself eating them every weekend from now on.

Are you a politician:confused: LMAO :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Antrim_Man wrote: »
    Just passed their doors. Car park packed.
    Not only that, but the car park seems to attract the type of person who feels that the white lines indicating where you're allowed to park are for guidance only. The number of eejits who park along the left as you're coming in to the car park, reducing the available space, or worse still directly opposite the shop entrance is mind boggling. They should get some clampers out there, that'd sort them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RunMummyRun

Is it just me or is the shop really badly laid out. At the back 2 corners it seems to be totally congested, where the meat is at the back right, and the cheese etc at the back left. Whereas places that wouldnt have as many people stopping, like baby stuff for example, has loads of room beside it. I dont get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭browne_rob5

Interesting article on why this Aldi was never built. I have recently moved to the area and wondered why it was empty. Its an eyesore as it currently stands.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/supermarket-planning-wars-aldi-and-lidl-feel-the-heat-from-rivals-1.3352006

Anyone know what will now happen with the site?

Advertisement