Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L4D maps coming to L4D2 finally !! :D :)

Options
  • 18-02-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭

Delighted !!! Absolutely Delighted !!!
    3 old maps plus 1 complete new one :D
    That makes the first constraint no new audio or story.

The easiest starting point for new campaigns is the three remaining Left 4 Dead 1 campaigns, so the DLC will include those. We also want something brand new and Cold Stream is the perfect fit.

That’s the start of the DLC. We have the basic information but we don't even have a name or release date yet.

http://www.l4d.com/blog/post.php?id=5019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Been quite a while since I broke out my L4D games. Must have a go of them soon. They are always great craic with a few mates playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Free for pc users? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I would assume so of course, valve always give us free stuff cause they love us :D...and we love them too :D...you hear that Gabe ??? I love you and your company !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Nice one, I just bought L4D2 today so this is great news! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Pffft!! I still prefer L4D1 more than L4D2 anyways, far funnier game.

Though this is good news regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Free for pc users? :D

No, each map is going to cost 500 Steam Points which can be purchased for your Steam wallet in quantities of 600 Steam Points.

Valve are being nice to people who already own the original L4D and giving them a 10% discount which means it'll only cost us 450 Steam Points for each map.

No, each map is going to cost 500 Steam Points which can be purchased for your Steam wallet in quantities of 600 Steam Points.

Valve are being nice to people who already own the original L4D and giving them a 10% discount which means it'll only cost us 450 Steam Points for each map.

Whoah, thats a first, them charging for DLC. BUT, I will hapilly hand over the money.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I think that's sarcasm there Sean.

I hope so,

But I was one of the people used to getting infinite amount of free content from Valve for Team Fortress 2, but then they implemented Valve points and charging more than the price of the game for Hats !! ..so for a few maps you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

5uspect wrote: »
    I think that's sarcasm there Sean.

Have you not heard, Valve are really turning their backs on us PC gamers, Portal is going to have exclusive in-game hats on the consoles and Episode 3 is going to be a timed exclusive on the PS3 :eek:

:p

Nah, your sarcasm detector seems to be fully functioning, the comment about the Valve points was indeed in jest. With regards to Valve charging for items in TF2 I think they're right. While the costs may be exorbitantly high there's only really a few items you can't get by playing the game. They've been supporting the game for years now for free so a little cash injection can do no harm, besides, some of the money also goes to the modding community who contribute which is fantastic.

I know I've bought an item or two to support Valve but then maybe I've been brainwashed by Steam :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Was so happy when I saw this. I just hope they don't cover DA1 in railings to prevent charger rapage.
    I loved when they released No Mercy in L4D2; seeing all the old camping spots become useless due to the spitter and charger. Can't wait to see how the other three play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

This is actually good news, was considering setting up a L4D2 server a while back if we could get the L4D1 characters unofficially working (Bill crashes the game and he's my only character I use :pac:).

Just to BUMP this, in case anyone didn't know.

The new campaign was officially released as BETA and updated automatically via your STEAM - and is currently running on servers...it is TOUGH !! Easily the hardest map if you have a decent team.

The final release will be a bit different once its released with the L4D1 pack

Advertisement