Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

upcmail down nationwide - scam?

• 18-02-2011 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I have not had upcmail for 3 days now. I have phoned everyday for the last 3 days and got through to technical support. They told me that upcmail has down nationwide and that it was not a specific problem to me.

Today I queried why there was no mention of this on their website and why in boards.ie no one else had reported a problem. After much fiddling around I manaaged to reset my account settings - and hey presto! My email is back.

Is this a common problem with upc. They are too lazy to fix a problem and just come up with an excuse? I am really really annoyed as for three days I have had no service.

Anyone else's comments or views would be welcome. Am I being paranoid???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Katzi wrote: »
    I have not had upcmail for 3 days now. I have phoned everyday for the last 3 days and got through to technical support. They told me that upcmail has down nationwide and that it was not a specific problem to me.

Today I queried why there was no mention of this on their website and why in boards.ie no one else had reported a problem. After much fiddling around I manaaged to reset my account settings - and hey presto! My email is back.

Is this a common problem with upc. They are too lazy to fix a problem and just come up with an excuse? I am really really annoyed as for three days I have had no service.

Anyone else's comments or views would be welcome. Am I being paranoid???

I read about it here first on the boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Katzi

when??? Do you mean my post??? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Have seen it mentioned a number of times in this Broadband forum so Im afraid you're incorrect there.

My brother is having an issue with his also. He spoke to them today and they advised they are working on it and not every customer is affected apparently so that would be why theres no message on the site i presume. Just have to be patient i suppose :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Katzi

I couldn't find any mention of it despite avid searching. upc lead me to believe it was a nationwide problem, not a problem with a few customers nationwide. It is amazing though that I was not getting service until I changed my own account settings.

Glad I am not alone, but also not....if you see what I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

Yeah I get you, what did you change? Ill pass it on to my bro, see does it sort him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ProV

Katzi wrote: »
    It is amazing though that I was not getting service until I changed my own account settings.

Glad I am not alone, but also not....if you see what I mean.

Having the same issue for last 3 days.
    What settings did you change Katzi ?

Advertisement