Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photography Fair & Exhibition

• 19-02-2011 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

I am organising a photography fair and exhibition to be held in Greystones, Co. Wicklow on 16th or 17th April (day to be confirmed). The plan is to get together with like minded folk to sell, swap, barter or buy used photography equipment and mounted/framed prints.

If anyone is interested in taking a table or indeed sharing a table, or just wants to exhibit I would be delighted to hear from you.

Thanks to the moderators for allowing me to post this here :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Sounds like a nice idea :)
    Im from Greystones myself and I might be interested in doing something in it.
    Where abouts would you be planning it, indoors or outdoors?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Rainbowsend

It will be held in Charlesland Golf Club, so definitely inside :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭aislingj

How much will it cost to exhibit?

At the time of posting tables are 50.00 the cost of which can be shared by up to four people, as it is unlikely that one person will have enough equipment to host one table?? maybe I am wrong! This will include exhibits, any sales of equipment or photographs are free of commission, so whatever you make you take home.

At the moment I haven't put a limit on exhibits, but may have to later depending on amount submitted. Not sure yet on size of display boards and how many photographs each one will take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭zerohamster

Would you allow me to offer a collection/service for repairs?
    I would probably also have a few photos to display but I would be interested as its not far from me and Ive never displayed photos before :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Contact camera clubs, they might book a table collectively for their members too.
    Some bigger shops may be interested. I hope ISS would like to have a "quick clean" stand there ;)

ThOnda wrote: »
    Contact camera clubs, they might book a table collectively for their members too.
    Some bigger shops may be interested. I hope ISS would like to have a "quick clean" stand there ;)

Thanks Thonda, I have sent email to all the camera clubs in the Dublin, Wicklow and Wexford areas so hopefully buyers and sellers will be attracted to it. I am also letting shops know about it so maybe one or two might be interested.

Sunday 17th April 2011 is the confirmed date for the fair, tables are still available if anyone would be interested in taking a table or exhibiting please let me know.

Tables are still available if anyone is interested, :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

what time will the show / exhibition be on? and is there an entrance fee?

• Advertisement

what time will the show / exhibition be on? and is there an entrance fee?

From 11am till 4pm and entrance is free to the public, exhibitors 50.00 euro for table and exhibit.

DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST THE PROPOSED PHOTOGRAPHY FAIR AND EXHIBITION DUE TO BE HELD IN CHARLESLAND GOLF CLUB ON 17TH APRIL NEXT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

I HOPE TO RESCHEDULE FOR LATER IN THE YEAR, THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT EXPRESSED AN INTEREST AND MY APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED. I STILL BELIEVE IT IS A GOOD IDEA AND WILL AS I SAY TRY AGAIN LATER.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭EyeBlinks

Way to dear for a table in these times.

EyeBlinks wrote: »
    Way to dear for a table in these times.

Thanks for the feedback, if I had more response the cost could have been reduced, I wasnt aiming to make a profit just to provide a good fair and exhibition. I will work on costs if I do manage to get it off the ground. :)

Advertisement