Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Rep house call

Options
  • 19-02-2011 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Just a quick question, got a call today from a guy telling me he is an eircom rep and wants to call to see me next Monday to talk about a review of my package etc. I said yes no prob because we are having issues about the bill being much higher than the package we originally signed up for and I would be glad to sit down and discuss it so we mutually made an appointment for 2.30pm monday. The thing is that I just mentioned this to my wife and she duly replied "what d Fcuck you clown!! Eircom don't send reps to your home!!$%^^&. Me being very wide to the nature of things said maybe I should enquire a little further... well? is this normal and above board? in fairness the caller seemed to be a very nice guy but I'd still like to hear your opinion. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hevsuit

brousuka wrote: »
    Just a quick question, got a call today from a guy telling me he is an eircom rep and wants to call to see me next Monday to talk about a review of my package etc. I said yes no prob because we are having issues about the bill being much higher than the package we originally signed up for and I would be glad to sit down and discuss it so we mutually made an appointment for 2.30pm monday. The thing is that I just mentioned this to my wife and she duly replied "what d Fcuck you clown!! Eircom don't send reps to your home!!$%^^&. Me being very wide to the nature of things said maybe I should enquire a little further... well? is this normal and above board? in fairness the caller seemed to be a very nice guy but I'd still like to hear your opinion. Cheers.

Hiya,
    When he said ' call to see you', did he mean actually to visit your house?
    If so, then in my opinion it sounds a bit dodgy, but then again I look for the worst in people :pac:...
    I remember, maybe 2 years back now, we had a call from eircom about our package being 'outdated', and that it would be better to upgrade and pay less.. but that was done by phone only. Actually having an eircom guy callin to yer house sounds a bit overboard for such small reason as this. Believe me, eircom are scant on customer support, even on the phone most of the time, so I doubt they're goin to send a guy spontaniously to peoples' house because these people are paying eircom more mony for less service... If anything, it would be in eircom's interest to NOT tell any customer they are paying more money for an out of date service..

Anyway, to the point,.....prob a burgler wanting to check the place out.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭brousuka

Yes, he's actually calling to my house. I even have his name but I won't mention it here. I agree eircom are usually scant on customer service and the only thing I can think of is he may be an agent for them selling upgrades on a commission basis?!?

Come to think of it, when he rang me on my landline today he got my first name wrong ie; it was the female version of my christian name if you know what I mean? thought it a bit odd!?

Je$us wept! I may have a serial killer coming....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

Yes, he's actually calling to my house. I even have his name but I won't mention it here. I agree eircom are usually scant on customer service and the only thing I can think of is he may be an agent for them selling upgrades on a commission basis?!?

Come to think of it, when he rang me on my landline today he got my first name wrong ie; it was the female version of my christian name if you know what I mean? thought it a bit odd!?

Je$us wept! I may have a serial killer coming....

Can you PM me the name of the representative, your account number and contact telephone number please.To my knowledge, our representatives will phone our existing customers and not call to them, I just want to check into this for you
    Thank You
    Eleanor

Thanks, PM sent.

Another updated comment on thread sent.

• Advertisement

Please state publicly on this forum your reply to this thread. I would also like clarification as to; is the person who rang me employed directly by Eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Please state publicly on this forum your reply to this thread. I would also like clarification as to; is the person who rang me employed directly by Eircom?

Hi brousuka
    My colleague Eleanor was looking into this for you, I will chase this for you and get back, hopefully Monday, with response.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi brousuka
    In answer to your post.
    Yes the person you spoke with to arrange the appointment was an employee of eircom. The appointment was arranged under our Community Manager Program whereby customers can have an agent call to them to discuss changes to their existing packages or bundles. ( The same actions can be carried out over the phone by calling 1901 or online here )
    I have spoken to this particular agent and he confirms what you have posted here, he also advised me that you later cancelled the call out so no visit was necessary.
    It is important to know that any official eircom agent would have valid eircom identification and should not need to ask for any account details. If you do want any information on any eircom product you can also ask us here and we can advise you.

Thank you for your post on this subject and I hope I have answered your query. If not just post us here.
    Regards
    Tony

Advertisement