Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Eircom have a paperless billing option?

Options
  • 19-02-2011 2:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

If not, are there plans to do so?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Well I get my bill online in pdf format and pay via direct debit so don't see any paper if that's what you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭eircom: Eleanor

You can register for ebilling on eircom.ie

Go to www.eircom.ie then choose Home Phone, then choose your bill and sign up now

All bills after you register can be viewed online-previous bills can only be obtained through the post

Hope this helps

Eleanor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

You can register for ebilling on eircom.ie

Go to www.eircom.ie then choose Home Phone, then choose your bill and sign up now

All bills after you register can be viewed online-previous bills can only be obtained through the post

Hope this helps

Eleanor

I'm already registered for ebilling to view bills online but continue to receive a paper bill in the post. Is there no option to stop a paper bill being sent and just receive an ebill only, as other phone/utilities companies allow you to do?

Apologies, should have said this in my first post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

I'm already registered for ebilling to view bills online but continue to receive a paper bill in the post. Is there no option to stop a paper bill being sent and just receive an ebill only, as other phone/utilities companies allow you to do?

Hi Mayo Exile

Thanks for your query.

I will look into this and advise shortly.

Kind regards
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi Mayo Exile,

Unfortunately we are regulated to insure that each customer is provided with a hard copy of their bill. The online bill is part of an additional service for customers but we have to continue to send out the paper bills.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Gravale

Wouldn't you imagine that in line with so many businesses out there that they'd use common sense (and save themselves a lot of money) and introduce paperless billing? I understand that there's a regulation to be complied with, but I'm sure that this could be changed if there was a real will to do so. It's irritating to receive an envelope every two months packed with pages which is immediately thrown into the bin because I've already read the bill online. What a waste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Ejayb4

im with another provider and i get my bills online and not to my door!

Why cant Eircom do it?

I changed over from UTV Internet where paperless billing is the norm. That's why I find this two-monthly Eircom posting unwelcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Gravale wrote: »
    I changed over from UTV Internet where paperless billing is the norm. That's why I find this two-monthly Eircom posting unwelcome.
    Wouldn't you imagine that in line with so many businesses out there that they'd use common sense (and save themselves a lot of money) and introduce paperless billing? I understand that there's a regulation to be complied with, but I'm sure that this could be changed if there was a real will to do so. It's irritating to receive an envelope every two months packed with pages which is immediately thrown into the bin because I've already read the bill online. What a waste!

Hi Gravale & EJayB4
    thanks for posting. Eircom are currently involved in providing a paperless option and hope to have this rolled out soon. In the meantime if you would like me to arrange this for you just PM me your details.
    You need to provide your Name, a/c number and a written request to be moved to paperless billing option.
    Every little helps the environment.smile.gif
    Tony

Thanks, Tony. That's great news!

Since it's going to be rolled out soon I'll wait for that and sign up for it online. It'll save me writing a letter AND save paper. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Thanks, Tony. That's great news!

Since it's going to be rolled out soon I'll wait for that and sign up for it online. It'll save me writing a letter AND save paper. ;)

I like your dedication Gravale:D yes roll out should be soon. I hope more people take up the option.
    Thanks
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭measurement

I like your dedication Gravale:D yes roll out should be soon. I hope more people take up the option.
    Thanks
    Tony
    Any word yet on when this will be happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Any word yet on when this will be happening?

Hi measurement

We are still working on how best to adapt the paperless billing to the current payment / disconnection policy which is still being worked on. As soon as we have any updates we will let you know.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bastille1d

Hi, some issue here:

No barcode for online bills Versus the hard copy.

Online bills (payment slip) only display symbols ©)‚}Áfws‘ÁÁ%lpb,S and digits.

This is a real issue here. When trying to pay by cash, many outlets/Anpost in Dublin refused to type the digits.
    Last time when the bill was delayed, I printed the online bill to pay by cash.
    No success..Outlets refused a bill without barcode.

How does it come barcode is printed on hardcopy but not online?

Any chance to get barcode included to online bills?

Can you not have your bill paid by direct debit at your bank? That way you'd never have to set foot outside your door to pay the bill.

Advertisement