Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commission- Only Sales

• 19-02-2011 4:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

Title pretty much explains it all, unemployed, on the dole.

Only available work is commision only sales, so my question is, if i took one of these jobs, am I still entitled to some form of social welfare, rent allowance etc ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Even though you are commission only, if you go out on the road 4 days a week you are not available for work and therefore not entitled to the dole. Your income from the job will be means-tested and if over a certain amount you will not qualify for benefits either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

Work is work, I'm afraid. And to be honest, I really wouldn't try those jobs. Most of them are really bad in terms of... human decency. Anyway, no you won't. If you work any four days from Monday to Saturday you do not get money. Also if you work over... 19 hours I believe, you do not get money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭G3-Nut

cheers for the fast replies lads!

ye its a tough choice i would rather work than do nothing but those jobs are on the weird side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Chaotic_Forces

G3-Nut wrote: »
    cheers for the fast replies lads!

ye its a tough choice i would rather work than do nothing but those jobs are on the weird side

Best of asking in the work forum about any suspicious companies.

But, keep in mind of this post about the sales companies:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=113326

Anyway, if it's comission only work, unless you're an amazingly good salesman don't, really do not do it.

You'll certain companies pop up time and time again on the jobs sites; not that this is bad but if a place has a constant rotating door of employees then something is up. I almost went for work with one (went on the interview and was offered a job (I won't name the company, though) but I realized the gamble was far too much; if I didn't sell enough to even cover transport and lunch costs for the week then I was screwed, never mind my rent and whatnot.

Advertisement