Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody dislike Tom Hanks?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

meh
    He wrecks my head, he ruined the Da Vinci Code for me - definitely the wrong choice for the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Up-n-atom!

He seems like a nice guy - don't really rate him as an amazing actor though, especially of late...The Da Vinci Code, really?! He should probably stick to the producing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Here's one the Hanks organisation seem to have almost wiped completely from the annals of history.

Set your faces to stunned....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Option 4
    Meh.

It's my general feeling towards celebrities that don't act like complete asses all the time, and I haven't seen enough of his movies/productions to say I like him either.

Denny M wrote: »
    Meh.

It's my general feeling towards celebrities that don't act like complete asses all the time, and I haven't seen enough of his movies/productions to say I like him either.

Agree with this. It would be hard to like someone you don't REALLY know. Most of these actors aren't just acting on-scr33n, they're acting 24/7. Their entire persona is a performance.

Christian Bale might be the only one you could like in real life as at least you know what you're getting with him, a complete f-ing fruit loop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Dislike
    Nah I like him. He seems like a good guy and he has some great films to his name.

He's no Otm Shank though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

bonerm wrote: »

Christian Bale might be the only one you could like in real life as at least you know what you're getting with him, a complete f-ing fruit loop.

I will see your fruit loop and raise you a Russell Crowe.

Samuel L Jackson always seems to come across as ok too...especially his interview with an English presenter whne he was promoting S.W.A.T which I would link if I wasn't on a phone.

I agree about almost all they do being a performance...there are even rumours that one well known Hollywood star has spent his whole life afraid to come out of the closet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Dislike
    13 accounts were set up by wilson

f0ggy92 wrote: »
    13 accounts were set up by wilson

Please leave your Youtubery elsewhere! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Dislike
    liah wrote: »
    the Pacific

This was gash!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

He's like a nice choc-o-late.

Ev'rybody likes choc-o-late.

Least that's what my momma told me.

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    This was gash!

It was good. I found most people who didn't like it just wanted more Band of Brothers done exactly the same way. They should just watch their BOB blurays if that's all they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Dislike
    great actor. one of the best in the history of film

• Registered Users Posts: 24,051 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Agree with this. It would be hard to like someone you don't REALLY know. Most of these actors aren't just acting on-scr33n, they're acting 24/7. Their entire persona is a performance.

It would be interesting going out on the piss with Christian Bale, Russell Crowe and Mel Gibson. You'd probably end up in hospital, but it would be worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

How can you dislike Tom Hanks? He's an awesome guy.

*Awaits T.Hanks.....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,051 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

St.Spodo wrote: »
    How can you dislike Tom Hanks? He's an awesome guy.

*Awaits T.Hanks.....

cough - post no. 19 - cough:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

ejmaztec wrote: »
    cough - post no. 19 - cough:P

I had a feeling that may have been used. Fair dues.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Option 4
    Kevin Costner is a better actor imo.. He fell on hard times, pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Option 4
    I hate him for doing Sleepless In Seattle and You've Got Fail... but otherwise I am indifferent to him. And I like a lot of his movies. To those who can't remember 1993/4/5 (:() he was seen as not much short of The Second Coming - it was fairly OTT, even if his performances in Philadelphia and Forrest Gump are excellent. He started off as the kinda clutzy average joe in all those comedies, and even had exactly the same type of role in Bonfire Of The Vanities (his first foray into "serious" - although it's a satirical comedy) then he became full-strength Mr Serious... yep, time to be a villain now. A really evil one too would be great. A usually nice/noble guy is a particularly effective villain as it's so unexpected (see: Robin Williams, Steve Martin, Henry Fonda).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

Option 4
    I liked him in that diamond heist movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I want to beat Matt Damon to death at the end of that film.
    The-Rigger wrote: »
    Ok, disliking a movie or character he has played doesn't count.

Wow. Didn't know Hanks played the Matt Damon character in SPR. That is some performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭sonic85

Dislike
    the money pit was class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

meh
    I find him quite annoying tbh, he wrecks my head in Saving Private Ryan. And in Castaway aswell.
    Loved him in Big though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Dislike
    Please leave your Youtubery elsewhere! :mad:

haha sorry its infectious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭Poor Craythur

Option 4
    Dudess wrote: »
    I hate him for doing Sleepless In Seattle and You've Got Fail... but otherwise I am indifferent to him. And I like a lot of his movies. To those who can't remember 1993/4/5 (:() he was seen as not much short of The Second Coming - it was fairly OTT, even if his performances in Philadelphia and Forrest Gump are excellent. He started off as the kinda clutzy average joe in all those comedies, and even had exactly the same type of role in Bonfire Of The Vanities (his first foray into "serious" - although it's a satirical comedy) then he became full-strength Mr Serious... yep, time to be a villain now. A really evil one too would be great. A usually nice/noble guy is a particularly effective villain as it's so unexpected (see: Robin Williams, Steve Martin, Henry Fonda).

I don't like rom coms usually, but I think 'Sleepless in Seattle' is great. :o

'Philadelphia' is execrable though, what a load of worthy, right-on tosh. Tom Hank loves those kind of roles.

I don't like 'Forrest Gump' for its championing of mediocrity.

And he was utterly dire in the 'The Ladykillers'.

Overall, I don't like him, I think he just play Tom Hanks in everything.

I do like him in 'Big' though.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sidneykidney

Cant stand the guy, he is up there along my most hated actors, right alongside nicholas cage :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Dislike
    Turner and Hooch is a classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Dislike
    I like Tom Hanks but 'Saving Private Ryan' annoys me.

I want to beat Matt Damon to death at the end of that film.
    I thought saving private ryan was a brillent film..
    just sayen:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Option 4
    tonight's topic: does anyone actually like nicholas cage?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

Dislike
    I met him in a bar in new york some years back a real gent and chatted away just like anyone else people sometimes judge actors as the charcters they play...

Advertisement