Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup 5th Round - Man United v Crawley Town - KO 17:15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Crawley Town manager? Or Den Perry from Phoenix Nights?

20090917T154856_Five_Soaps_News_1-1_1253199077_large.jpg?1253199608

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Nailz wrote: »
    Am I the only person that thinks the Crawley manager is a bit annoying? Bit of a camera whore.

Edit: Snap flahavaj.

Look him up. He's a very dodgy character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Embarrassing from utd so far, I mostly blame that 443 and 2-3 players. If they cant perform against conference team god help them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

mike65 wrote: »
    How embarrassing "glory glory Man Utd" being played at a game against non-league opposition. They should keep that for the "big games" when they have won.

How can you say that when Liverpool sing Celtic's you'll never walk alone at EVERY home game?

Yeah, was just about to say his stupid fat head on the tv has pissed me off.

Sorry for taking it out on That_Guy.

S'alright mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

How embarrassing "glory glory Man Utd" being played at a game against non-league opposition. They should keep that for the "big games" when they have won.

Long afternoon when you have no match eh? Despite having twice as many favourite teams than most. Maybe you should get a third.:pac:

Headshot wrote: »
    Embarrassing from utd so far, I mostly blame that 443 and 2-3 players. If they cant perform against conference team god help them

I asked earlier if you could maybe post what team you'd have picked seeing as how you're not happy the kids aren't playing and not happy with the formation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Its a fairly weak line up though in fairness.A solid enough back line with 2 wingers that are a long way from being complete players.Hernandez looks quiet enough on his own up front.As the half progressed I thought they looked a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

From a neutral perspective Gibson MOTM so far obertan is disappointing as is Hernandez and Bebe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I'd like to see pogba and king replace carrick and anderson. Go 442 and give it a right rattle. Anderson and carrick are cruising - doing nothing wrong but not driving on the game. Gibson and pogba would be out to prove a point hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

flahavaj wrote: »
    Long afternoon when you have no match eh? Despite having twice as many favourite teams than most. Maybe you should get a third.:pac:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

keano_afc wrote: »
    Look him up. He's a very dodgy character.
    They was a thread on him a few weeks ago I think, wasn't there? He even looks dodgy, I would not trust the man. He's a just an attention seeking tosser as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

rooney on for anderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

anyone got a working link ?????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Dunno why progress was made with bebe since he first played, he actually looks to have regressed since the league cup games. Hope he has a stronger second half as he can't be much worse

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

Here comes rooney! united to keep a clean sheet 1/2, don't let me down or its gonna have to be a cheap nite tonite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rooneys coming on? Good stuff, get him into double figures for the season.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Interesting facts in light of Crawley's 9,000 fan's ever so original "We support our local team" chant:
    Average home attendance last season - 1,003
    Fans that travelled to their last away game - 39

Indeed.

bradlente wrote: »
    Its a fairly weak line up though in fairness.A solid enough back line with 2 wingers that are a long way from being complete players.Hernandez looks quiet enough on his own up front.As the half progressed I thought they looked a bit better.

Tbf utd team is full of internationals, No excuse tbh. I would gone for the trusted 442 with king up front with chico or bebe since Saf sees him as a striker anyway. Bar taking the ball out of the net we hardly tested the keeper. Ortan has been poor again

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Aye.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Odds on Rooney hattrick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

442 now. Happy?

Tbf utd team is full of internationals, No excuse tbh. I would gone for the trusted 442 with king up front with chico or bebe since Saf sees him as a striker anyway. Bar taking the ball out of the net we hardly tested the keeper. Ortan has been poor again

And who on the wings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

I'd like to see Pogba and especially King on too,hes been bangin em in for the reserves.Maybe after another goal and or 70-75 minutes in when their gettin tired.

I'm shocked rooney is on. Gobsmacked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Gibson next goalscorer @ 17/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Remember those Give Yourself Goosebumps books? Where you get to choose what direction the story goes in by turning to a specific page... I feel like any comeback to mike65 has to be formatted like that, because God knows which team he supports on any given day. I know Sunday and Monday are Wolves days, Tuesday and Wednesdays are Liverpool days, but only between the hours of 10 and 6. Not quite up to date on the rest of the schedule though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I'm even more shocked Rooney & Hernandez are playing upfront together!

Thought I'd never see the day! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Rooney should have been able to get that pass back to Chicha

• Advertisement

That's good pressure from Crawley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Tom_Brady wrote: »
    Remember those Give Yourself Goosebumps books? Where you get to choose what direction the story goes in by turning to a specific page... I feel like any comeback to mike65 has to be formatted like that, because God knows which team he supports on any given day. I know Sunday and Monday are Wolves days, Tuesday and Wednesdays are Liverpool days, but only between the hours of 10 and 6. Not quite up to date on the rest of the schedule though.
    when each loses he goes back to the start afaik

Anybody know is ando injured or something other wise why risk Rooney, strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tom_Brady wrote: »

implied-facepalm.jpg

I'd say Fabio is coming off for Smalling, O'Shea on the left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Hate the Crawley manager. Can see he loves the attention. Tit. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Smalling coming on now. No reason to bring him on unless there's an injury

Here comes the weak link. :pac:

titan18 wrote: »
    Smalling coming on now. No reason to bring him on unless there's an injury
    Except.. you know... stopping them from scoring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Crawley are playing fair well now. Need to get a 2nd just in case.

Obertan is so frustrating to watch :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

"Not sure how much contact there is" Is Townsend blind?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

implied-facepalm.jpg

I'm gobsmacked. That's the sort of reply built on a foundation of cunning, initiative and wit that you only find above 60k posters.

Except.. you know... stopping them from scoring?

Not sure why the current 4 aren't good enough to do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Fabio does look more comfortable forward. Arguably done more on the overlap than Obi.

The tit for tat between tom and mike is more interesting than this match lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Everytime I see Bébé I just don't see a guy who looks like he's going to progress enough to ever be a first-team regular. Manucho and Diouf have looked better and they've been shipped off (albeit Diouf on loan as of now)

titan18 wrote: »
    Not sure why the current 4 aren't good enough to do that
    Ah sure what's the point in having subs then, we should only allow them for an injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

This is the last time I do a bet involving united.

Everytime I see Bébé I just don't see a guy who looks like he's going to progress enough to ever be a first-team regular. Manucho and Diouf have looked better and they've been shipped off (albeit Diouf on loan as of now)

Bebe was playing third division football in Portugal last season. He'll need a couple pof years to be brought up to scratch. There is definietly some raw potential there that hopefully can be moulded into something. I think his future is through the middle which is a very congested area in United's squad atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

amacachi wrote: »
    This is the last time I do a bet involving united.
    really regretting my Fabio to score 2 one now, he should have at least one though :mad:

Ah sure what's the point in having subs then, we should only allow them for an injury.

No,as in none of the back 4 had been playing badly.Why take one of them off?Especially as there's guys like Pogba and King on the bench who could use with game time

• Advertisement
Advertisement