Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup 5th Round - Man United v Crawley Town - KO 17:15

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Pogba coming on?

Seems not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Everytime I see Bébé I just don't see a guy who looks like he's going to progress enough to ever be a first-team regular. Manucho and Diouf have looked better and they've been shipped off (albeit Diouf on loan as of now)
    Yeah but he was homeless which means if hes successful Utd can make a movie about his life and make loads of cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Crawley supporters think they're great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

titan18 wrote: »
    No,as in none of the back 4 had been playing badly.Why take one of them off?Especially as there's guys like Pogba and King on the bench who could use with game time

Why could they especially use gametime? The kast thing we need is to bring a skinny kid into CM, who's barely played reserve football at 1-0 against a team playing well like Crawley are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

flahavaj wrote: »
    Why could they especially use gametime?

DONT DO IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

bradlente wrote: »
    Yeah but he was homeless which means if hes successful Utd can make a movie about his life and make loads of cash.
    no he wasn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Only time I have ever wanted Man Utd to win just because of who sponsor Crawley for this game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Shoot ffs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Why could they especially use gametime?

Well,when you look at bench, Smalling,Rooney and Fletcher play quite a bit with the first team and Tunnicliffe,Pogba and King don't, this is a perfect game for them to get experience in the senior side.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

ManU being outsung at home by Crawley Town fans, what an embarrassment they truly are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Nailz wrote: »
    Crawley supporters think they're great.

What the hell? It's not just Crawley supporters who chant things like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Bebe was playing third division football in Portugal last season. He'll need a couple pof years to be brought up to scratch. There is definietly some raw potential there that hopefully can be moulded into something. I think his future is through the middle which is a very congested area in United's squad atm.

Thats a fair point, he has stepped up from an almost amateur club in comparison, I sometimes forget the jump in class he's made.

I would actually like to see him down the middle too, either behind the striker or as the target man, he doesn't do much for me on the wing.

On another note, I'm liking Smalling the more and more I see of him. I know this is only a League 2 calibre team, but he looks quite assured and another good purchase.

Wonder how far up the leagues Crawley will go? I read they spent more in the in the Summer & January than the entire League 2 combined.

Well,when you look at bench, Smalling,Rooney and Fletcher play quite a bit with the first team and Tunnicliffe,Pogba and King don't, this is a perfect game for them to get experience in the senior side.

Maybe a 5 minute cameo at 3-0, otherwise no. Pogba and Tunnicliffe are mile soff first team football especially.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It's an awful display by utd team against a conference team, a bloody conference team ffs

Switch off, switch on and there's a replay of the ball hitting the back of the net. Great time to show a replay of the first goal, thanks ITV!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

just tuning into the game - quite surprised at the score line - could be an interesting finish.

Obertan's control is shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

CiaranC wrote: »
    ManU being outsung at home by Crawley Town fans, what an embarrassment they truly are

Yeah I'm sure the footballers that came to watch the singing match will be disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

You could also look at it from the perspective that this is a game nowhere near put to bed, Crawley could easily score, and bringing on kids with no first team experience to their name could easily allow them to do that when we have the likes Fletcher, Smalling, Rooney etc. on the bench.

Last thing we need is a bloody replay.

Dont understand people who prioritise giving the kids experience above getting results. Mind boggling perspective.

a lot more kids there than usual. Biggest game Crawley will ever have. United fans regularly outsing other PL teams away so I don't see your point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Both the twins gone.

Thank Christ all subs are used up. Its over muppets, put the lube away for another season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

That_Guy wrote: »

At least other teams can back it up a bit.
    I'd say 70% of the Crawley 'supporters' there support a PL team and I'd say this is a lot of their first Crawley games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I think we may be watching the last strange days of Darron Gibson at Old Trafford. He never really improved and still doesn't look like a United player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Liam O wrote: »
    a lot more kids there than usual. Biggest game Crawley will ever have. United fans regularly outsing other PL teams away so I don't see your point.

My point is Man U have sh it fans, that clear enough for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Poor fabio just so unlucky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I know, but that doesn't mean they're not annoying, it's almost like going to cheap friendly matches were the crowd is predominately kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Oh bebe you are useless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Everytime I see Bébé I just don't see a guy who looks like he's going to progress enough to ever be a first-team regular.

I still feel there was something awfully dodgy about that transfer. Fergie will retire to a multi-million pound villa in Portugal with a few extra million in his bank account, just you wait and see :pac:

I'm not one to defend United fans but you're right. Away fans usually outsing home fans in the EPL.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I would pay money for torres to get an equaliser, this performance makes some of the early season losses by the pool seem like victories!!

He should have clung it !!!

It's not unusual for that to happen at any English ground in fairness. But you go ahead and take a shot at United for it when it's probaly the smallest game they've played in years and the opposite for the team they're playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

no he wasn't
    Well he lived in a shelter for a good part of his life.A roof over his head,but not what I'd conventionally call a home.

So yeah,he was.

Shamrock Rovers have sh it fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Maybe a 5 minute cameo at 3-0, otherwise no. Pogba and Tunnicliffe are mile soff first team football especially.

If they're miles off then they wouldnt have been on the bench in the first place, and if they're not good enough to go today(and this is for anyone in the side), then they shouldn't be playing for United.

Also, to Tom, do you not think that bringing on someone like King, who has something to prove compared to Rooney,who knows no matter how bad he plays,he'll still be starting.

baz2009 wrote: »
    At least other teams can back it up a bit.
    I'd say 70% of the Crawley 'supporters' there support a PL team and I'd say this is a lot of their first Crawley games.

Yeah I read or heard on a podcast that a year or two ago they had a tiny tiny fanbase, and now they're the Man City of the conference, spending money left right and centre, so suddenly fans have popped up out of nowhere. No way do Crawley have 9000 regular fans, as you said a lot are probably at a Crawley game for the first time.

Clive Tyldsley: Best chance of the evening.

I thought the goal was the best chance of the evening....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Put shamrock rovers tickets to the price of Uniteds and see if they pay in?

I'd be worried really with the calibre of young player coming through at United if I was a fan. They don't seem to want to spend big money and there's no-one out there that look like being a star.

• Advertisement

If they're miles off then they wouldnt have been on the bench in the first place, and if they're not good enough to go today(and this is for anyone in the side), then they shouldn't be playing for United.

They were probably put there in the hope of United going into a big lead tbh. They were hardly out there in the hope that they'd change the game in the event of us going a few goals down. Have a bit of sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

93 places eh?

I'd be worried really with the calibre of young player coming through at United if I was a fan. They don't seem to want to spend big money and there's no-one out there that look like being a star.

According to some on here we have 16 Messi's in the Under -18's alone.:pac:

that was soooooooooooooo close

That would've been amazing if that had went in.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Put shamrock rovers tickets to the price of Uniteds and see if they pay in?

What? Why would you do that? Gary Twigg is great and all but you don't have to charge fans €90 into a game to cover his wages.

• Advertisement

No chance of the bet now, come on Crawley!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Great defending from Brown.

Morrison, Pogba and King are ones that I've personnally been impressed with. Will Keane also. Welbeck and Cleverley have been doing very well for Wigan and Sunderland this season.

Never trust a man who highlights only a portion of his hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Clive Tyldsley: Best chance of the evening.

I thought the goal was the best chance of the evening....
    I think that was a better chance then the goal just better finishing from Brown

• Advertisement
Advertisement