Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup 5th Round - Man United v Crawley Town - KO 17:15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

mikie65 is trying so so hard today, bless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Toughest game United have had in the cup this season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Rooney is shocking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

They deserve a replay. It's been some time since iv been this embarrassed by utd performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Crawley are out playing us :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

mike65 wrote: »
    93 places eh?

Must try harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

flahavaj wrote: »
    mikie65 is trying so so hard today, bless.

/pats flahavaj on the bum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I've only seen about ten mins of this game - but Crawley are the better team at the moment and I can see them scoring!
    Utd look very disjointed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I'd be worried really with the calibre of young player coming through at United if I was a fan. They don't seem to want to spend big money and there's no-one out there that look like being a star.
    Macheda, Welbeck already look like good PL players in the future. Cleverly too. Pogba and King look very good, Smalling is very young as are Fabio and Rafael, Anderson is still young and United sign a highly rated young prospect monthly it seems. United probably have the most successful youth academy in England too.

forgot about Morrison actually, there's your star

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

They were probably put there in the hope of United going into a big lead tbh. They were hardly out there in the hope that they'd change the game in the event of us going a few goals down. Have a bit of sense.

Are we a few goals down?Do they need to change the game?I know we're only a goal up, but it's not like players out there are getting it done or have been all season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Fergusons face says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

Fletcher for Bebe if this keeps up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Crawley are out playing us :eek:

I'm glad you said it, I didn't want to appear to be trolling but they really are. Having said that if they did level, I don't think it'd take United too long to get back in front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I've only seen about ten mins of this game - but Crawley are the better team at the moment and I can see them scoring!
    Utd look very disjointed.
    Ya even the goal was against the run of play united very much in first gear.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Liam O wrote: »
    a lot more kids there than usual. Biggest game Crawley will ever have. United fans regularly outsing other PL teams away so I don't see your point.

Utd have 65,000 fans present, your argument is invalid..

Crawley are getting remarkable time and space on the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

United probably have the most successful youth academy in England too.

In terms of players being successful for other Championship/PL clubs, not United, it has to be said.

bradlente wrote: »
    Fletcher for Bebe if this keeps up

Fletcher is on :D

Is that Joe Hart in disguise for Man United?

IvySlayer wrote: »

Is Gibson still?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

United starting to look happy with the 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

Fergusons face says it all.

I'm no lip reader, but there seemed to be a 'fuucking ****e' in that Fergie closeup

Is Gibson still?

Yes, but you wouldn't know it.

baz2009 wrote: »
    In terms of players being successful for other Championship/PL clubs, not United, it has to be said.
    Money making machine I call it.

titan18 wrote: »
    Are we a few goals down?Do they need to change the game?I know we're only a goal up, but it's not like players out there are getting it done or have been all season.

This is not the time to throw in an unproven kid, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Macheda, Welbeck already look like good PL players in the future. Cleverly too. Pogba and King look very good, Smalling is very young as are Fabio and Rafael, Anderson is still young and United sign a highly rated young prospect monthly it seems. United probably have the most successful youth academy in England too.

And considering teams like Chelsea's academy and youth team have produced nothing of note or worth despite huge investment, to see promising talent like Amos, Cleverly, Welbeck etc is even more impressive.

• Advertisement

Is Gibson still?

Yep. Just standing in the centre circle clapping and doing a little twirl every now and then to look busy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Come on Town:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

CiaranC wrote: »
    My point is Man U have sh it fans, that clear enough for you?

Why do you have to bring your rubbish LOI opinions into every thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Is Gibson still?

Usually.

Jesus, they're talking up this sub's story.

Watch him get the equalliser :P

• Advertisement

This is not the time to throw in an unproven kid, end of.

Maybe not, but I'd rather that than players who have been sh1t all season, and shouldn't be near the squad anyway.

Maybe not, but I'd rather that than players who have been sh1t all season, and shouldn't be near the squad anyway.

Silly attitude tbh. What players should be on for who as a matter of interest? Everyone has all these great ideas about who should play but no one wants to actually name names it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

my bad,shame hes not in the middle of the park.Need his work rate right now.

They are worth a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

roryc wrote: »
    Why do you have to bring your rubbish LOI opinions into every thread?

In fairness its probably relevant tonight considering the non league standard of football we're watching:D

And considering teams like Chelsea's academy and youth team have produced nothing of note or worth despite huge investment, to see promising talent like Amos, Cleverly, Welbeck etc is even more impressive.
    Once this 90 minute rule is abolished United and Arsenal are going to be untouchable with taking in all the English youth, pretty much every English star will go through those 2 academies.

Once this 90 minute rule is abolished United and Arsenal are going to be untouchable with taking in all the English youth, pretty much every English star will go through those 2 academies.
    Is it likely to be abolished?

Is there a story for every player/thing?

"And that bottle he's holding in his hand was there when he was close to retiring due to an injury but look at him now holding that lucky bottle"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

CiaranC wrote: »
    My point is Man U have sh it fans, that clear enough for you?
    dfx- wrote: »
    Utd have 65,000 fans present, your argument is invalid..

Crawley are getting remarkable time and space on the ball.

What he means is United away fans will out sing the home fans every game bar maybe Stoke so that dudes argument is invalid.

It's also pretty pointless but I'm finding it more exciting then this game

Is it likely to be abolished?
    heard something about it on SSN the other day, could be wrong though.

• Advertisement

Silly attitude tbh. What players should be on for who as a matter of interest? Everyone has all these great ideas about who should play but no one wants to actually name names it seems.

Well,I think King should have been on instead of Rooney. Gibson shouldn't be near the team. He had some nice passes in the 1st half, but he's done nothing in the 2nd. I'd rather see what someone like Pogba(as he's on the bench) can bring instead of him.

I think that Smalling came on at a wrong time,unless Rafael was also injured, as after that we had no defender on the bench. That has clearly not worked out as Fabio got hurt and now Fletcher is at RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Even though there have been numerous examples of highly rated young players choosing Liverpool over both of those clubs?

Raheem Sterling and Jonjo Shelvey are the two latest.
    Suso chose Liverpool over Real and Barcelona

heard something about it on SSN the other day, could be wrong though.
    Interestingthen again players get turned away from academies as well, wasn't giggs tuned away from mcfc academy? And Gerrard from the United one?

Good man Wayne

That was a bit dirty from Rooney.

Even though there have been numerous examples of highly rated young players choosing Liverpool over both of those clubs?

They were signed for cash though weren't they which isn't the same as bringing kids through the academy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

MacFadzean deserved that.

Well,I think King should have been on instead of Rooney. Gibson shouldn't be near the team. He had some nice passes in the 1st half, but he's done nothing in the 2nd. I'd rather see what someone like Pogba(as he's on the bench) can bring instead of him.

I think that Smalling came on at a wrong time,unless Rafael was also injured, as after that we had no defender on the bench. That has clearly not worked out as Fabio got hurt and now Fletcher is at RB.
    yeah I'd much rather Gibson not playing and it be 0-0 than him playing and it be 1-0 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Gibson also assisted our goal, a goal that would have likely gone in even had Brown not glanced it. Take away that goal, and it's still 0-0 and we then have a replay to jam in to our clusterfúck of a schedule.

But hey, as long as the kids get a chance, right?

• Advertisement

Links?

Advertisement